LegacyGT.com

95 legacy engine swap

Why do you need to swap? Usually the 22s go forever.

The 95 22 will have egr and may have some wiring differences but I'm not sure about that. If you swap your 93 intake mani over along with the sensors I don't think you would have any problems. Some of the sensors may be interchangeable but swapping the intak mani would get rid of the egr problem.

You can get a timing kit with pulleys and idlers and water pump on eBay for $125. A nice Gates kit will be more. The 22s are non interference so if your timing belt broke there won't be any internal engine damage. It's cheaper and easier just to do the timing belt and pulleys compared to swapping.

How many miles are on your engine?

I was told the 2.2 were interference motors thats why i figured just swap in stead of goin through the whole head ache of the bent vales to tell you the truth I'm not sure of the miles i just bought the car for 200 as is. the price I got was from from napa for the kit.

I don't think manual tran 2.2's have egr on them, f they do egr delete is easy I did one on my 95 motor, just take it out and plug the holes on the head and manifold with m16x125 bolts. Your ecu will tell you you have an egr code in diagnostics...but it doesn't affect the way the motor runs.

You can leave the valve body on the manifold with your vacuum lines going to the switching solenoid, or just make a block off plate or get one off a newer 2.2 that is equipped with a standard transmission ...easy as cake, if you don't mind a trouble code.

Archived