LegacyGT.com

HID check engine light again

i'm very frustrated. i have almost 90k miles on my car and the only time i've ever had the check engin light go on is when i had a loose gas cap.

recently i posted that i had my HID installed by some "pros" that do that kind of work. they forgot to plug the MAF sensor so i took it to the shop. they plugged it in and reset the car. then engine light came back on 3 weeks later. i did the reset (unplugged the battery) again.

the light came back 2 weeks later, which was 2 days ago. i'm going to take the subbie for repair but what do you guys think happened? could the HID installers messed something up? any opinions are appreciated.

What is the code for?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Your car will display the code it self !!! The cluster is a code reader

Search gage. Cluster obd2 reader.

But basically there is two plugs you plug in and leave pluged i. In the fuse box. Hard to find wraped in tape but there is green set and white set i think ots the white set plug them then turn on key during gage sweep push the trip reset and volia

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

ok. so they did the engine light code (p0305), replaced the spark plug, and coil and things were good for 2 days until the light came on again.

my mechanic has serviced my subbie since the beginning and is great but this check engine light situation is pissing me off since i had the HID's installed. i had never had the engine light go on (except when i forgot to tighten the gas cap) for almost 90k miles until this situation. i guess we're back to diagnosing the cause of the check engine light.

i'm very frustrated. i have almost 90k miles on my car and the only time i've ever had the check engin light go on is when i had a loose gas cap.

recently i posted that i had my HID installed by some "pros" that do that kind of work. they forgot to plug the MAF sensor so i took it to the shop. they plugged it in and reset the car. then engine light came back on 3 weeks later. i did the reset (unplugged the battery) again.

the light came back 2 weeks later, which was 2 days ago. i'm going to take the subbie for repair but what do you guys think happened? could the HID installers messed something up? any opinions are appreciated.

went to autozone and said spark plug 2 is misfiring again. wth? just had this replaced.

Which means that it's probably not the spark plug but the injector that's the problem.

Try to run a a tank or two of injector cleaner first. Cylinder misfires may be the spark plugs but it's not the only factor involved in a misfire, and spark plugs are simple items that usually doesn't fail by themselves as long as they are within the designed change interval.

Just make sure that the spark plug looks OK when you pull it. If it has oil on it you have a problem.

453747.png

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so i got the car repeaired and had the spark plug replaced and injector replaced.

3 days later, check engine came back on again.

put it in the shop again, and they "switched" out injectors and checked for any leaks (no leaks). 1 day later, engine light went on again.

car is in the shop again. as i said b4, my car has never had an engine car light on which only came on after the HID install. i hope we can solve this.

any suggestions on whats going on? i didn't check what the code was on the last one.

Archived