LegacyGT.com

Is this the beginning of another rebuild thread?

Looks like top ring to me.. hopefully only a bad angle image.

good luck

Edit: after seeing a larger pic it looks like the recessed areas for the valves blending into the stepped diameter..

Question should be why are you scoping them? Guessing something is wrong..

Why don't you tell us why your doing this ?

Are you using a lot of oil?

I was adding about .2qt every few day's, the engine ran fine at 21psi. Never did a compression test, I just got tired of adding oil and replaced the short block.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...
http://imageshack.us/a/img15/3783/img0426li.jpg

Found this today now starting a list of parts. Suggestions welcome. Sticking with a 400 horse reliable build.

In addition to whatever parts you end up purchasing... get a better tuner. one that won't blow up your pistons.

lol

Do you feel that at 25 psi of boost these pistons can be reliable?

Not likely. But there are many other factors to consider besides the boost pressure that your MAP sensor is measuring ;)

My first comment was insinuating that your tuner pushed the car further than his capabilities or your cars capabilities. If he pushed the car further than its capabilities, I wouldn't trust him to do it again. If he pushed the tune further than his capabilities, then I wouldn't trust him to do it again. :)

lol

Archived