LegacyGT.com

Another ecuflash isse

09anderson

Hello all. Im trying to flash a stage 2 map on my 2007 legacy gt 5eat. I keep getting an error when trying to write to ecu or test write to ecu. I know about the green connectors and have connected them and i get the fan cycling. The error i get is a ssm2 int error and then tells me interface closed. Car was protuned on ap before and successfully unmarried. Also i can read from ecu but nothing else. Any help please?

When I get those errors, its usually because the driver for OP2 is not working or working intermittently. Romraider logger will connect and reconnect several times if this issue occurs. I usually unplug the cable from the car and the laptop, close ecuflash and then replug everything in. If that doesn't work, a laptop restart works 60% of the time, everytime.

I'm not sure if its just coincidence but it seems the order in which you hook everything up has an effect on the connection. It seems if I stray from my ritual then it'll not connect properly. I do:

1. Plug green connectors

2. Start ecuflash

3. Pull map in ecuflash

4. Connect cable to laptop

5. Connect cable to car

6. flip car on, test flash

7. key off, key on, reflash

Try it without connect the test connectors, since 07+ is CANBUS and don't require plugging them in for flashing.

This.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• Moderators

I'll give you the one for my '05, it should work juuuust fine. But I'll need $150 for it and I'll send that to my tuner since he put in the hard work to actually create the tune, lol.

Look up MickeyD on the romraider forum if you are just looking for a basic stage 2 map, i think he has a couple posted up over there. Just be careful loading tunes for other cars on your own.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived