LegacyGT.com

Would like clutch shop recommendation

jschuk

My clutch is starting slip more and more. I would like your recommendations of a shop to take it to in the Denver area (or places to avoid). Let me know how long ago you used them too. If you want to add how much it cost you, that is fine too. Quality of work is priority, price is a close second.

4 years ago I used A-Affordable Transmissions in Littleton, for my Infiniti G20, and was pleased with the work, the price, and the follow-up (they called me to ask how it was doing). That shop closed up and consolidated to their location near Federal and Hampden. I called them and they seem nice at that location, but slightly hesitant about an aftermarket clutch.

Stock clutch was okay, but I am thinking of going with a Clutchmasters FX200 for a little more holding power and equal or more life. My '09 OBXT has a single mass flywheel so I should be able to have it resurfaced, though I haven't priced the difference between resurfacing or replacement.

I appreciate your advice.

Jason

Have you looked into the Subaru specialty shops? Pricing should be comparable to the general automotive shops for a clutch replacement.

I spoke with Roos Only, and they won't touch aftermarket clutches. Plus the person I spoke with said I was wrong about my car having a single mass flywheel (SMFW) and that those only came in the earlier models (no it is the other way around, 07+ have SMFW).

I called Matt at Max Automotive. He definitely is enthusiastic about cars and has no problem working with factory or aftermarket clutches.

I called Flatirons Tuning, about something else, said they could get the clutch I want, but tried to push me on what they use.

I still have more searching to do.

For what it's worth, I got my timing belt done by Max Auto a couple of years ago and have no problem. They were easy to work with. Gave them the Gates Racing kit that I got online and they install it without any issue. I would go back to them for clutch when I need it.

Archived