LegacyGT.com

Any Golfers?

Fee

Hey, I was wondering if anyone else around here is into golfing. I've been playing a while but I'm only a bogey golfer, I have the capacity to be low 80s but something usually happens towards the end of the round that brings me back to bogey golf lol.

Anyway I was hoping to find some people around my skill level or better to group up with. I'm always looking for a new course to play, and being able to talk cars during the round is a bonus.

Pete

I play out on the long island when I can. I'm not shotting 80's but I'm normally mid 90's. Went last weekend for the first time and shot a 101, not to happy about that. I go with a couple friends or my brother to the course across from my house. Its narrow but fun.

http://www.holbrookccgolf.com/

Can't beat 28 bucks for town residents.

Nice, I would def try a couple courses out on the island. It's kind of a pita to get out there from staten island, but I would still give it a try on a weekend sometime. I usually play alone or I got a friend of mine into the game 1.5 years ago. He is about 100-110 for a round.

Staten island has 3 public courses that are all a lot of fun. Probably really hilly compared to what you are used to out there. I played a course in long beach LI last year that was pretty fun, I don't remember the name. Wasn't in the best condition but it was still fun to play.

I think I'm playing this evening at Silver Lake GC, I've been out at least 5x already this year lol. Last year I was playing 9 at twilight 2x and a full 18 on the weekend every week, it does get addicting. And now that I finally own a car I love to drive I'll be happy to drive wherever lol. Lmk if you want to try and get a round in sometime, I'll head out there with my friend and you can get one of your buddies.

Anyone in jersey reading this, I'm really looking to play more jersey courses. I've played crystal springs village and cascade courses which were a lot of fun. Colts neck was a real nice course, shot my lowest round of 81 there. Tamarack is a decent public course. Anyone with suggestions please chime in. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

^ lol cool. When I saw the reply in my email I thought there was going to be a picture of a subaru starter here lmao.

That must mean you play, never saw a starter who wasn't a player. What course do you work at? I would definitely take a ride solo or with my friend up there one weekend.

• 3 months later...

not too many golfers here, eh?

or maybe no one wants to admit to liking it?

:lol:

im pretty terrible myself, so ive just limited myself to the range. havent been on a real course in 10+ years, so im just easing myself back into it. no need to embarrass myself on a course!

i still have a set of lynx irons. remember fred couples? you dont? thats how old my set is! fortunately, irons havent changed all that much vs drivers, so i can still get by w/ my current set of irons.

recently, i picked up the callaway ft-iz driver. i like it, but i dont like the sound on contact so much. still, it gives me pretty decent drives, so no complaints.

if anybody is in rockland/bergen county, im occasionally at 303 or the range in closter. edgewater and bogota less so.

Hah, not many fessing up to playing at least. I forgot about this thread, its been a busy summer.

The range is something at least, nothing like playing a course though. If you're worried about your skill, or rate of play just go at twilight.

Lol sure I remember Fred couples, he actually played really well this year. Can't remember which tournament it was but he was pretty close going into Sunday but couldn't keep it together. Guy plays in loafers lol. I remember when lynx were pretty decent clubs back in the 90s, but you would be surprised how much easier newer irons are to use. The sweet spot is huge now, and the clubs are balanced better so it's harder to have that miss hit when the clubs twists in your hand.

Nice driver, my friend plays a calaway set and is very happy with them. Lol yeah the sound takes some getting used to. I play Cleveland golf irons and woods, the driver sounds weird also.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived