LegacyGT.com

Strange "variable" pull to left: OBXT, megan's, SuperPro LCA bushings

yakker

Hi guys,

I've recently added a few suspension mods to my 06 OBXT and am getting a variable pull...I'll explain.

In order:

Megan coilovers (lowered about 2 to 2.5")

18" Rota wheels and 245/45/18 Falken tires (mounted 1 day before alignment)

Shop alignment (highly recommended shop, final read outs seemed in spec)

Fulcrum SuperPro (zero offset) bushings (installed at time of alignment)

The alignment was 2 to 3 weeks ago. It pulled just slightly to the left. Barely enough to warrant bringing it back for a check. Then over the last week, the pull gets stronger. But...I can affect the pull by aggressive cornering. If I turn hard to the right the car will pull hard to the left until...I make a hard left, which returns the pull to just slight left.

It seems as if something is loose, and I'm able to shift "it" based on how hard I turn in either direction.

Any thoughts? I will be bringing the car back to the shop tomorrow for a look, but thought it might be good to come in with some possbile problems especially since there's not much stock equipment up front.

Thanks for any help.

Your camber bolt might be loose. I actually had this happen to me. The car felt really weird around corners. I thought my LCA bushings were shot, but they were fine (at least at the time:lol:) When I parked the car, I would have different camber than when I left. I noticed this, and took the car back, because I knew what it was, but wanted to make sure they got it tightened and aligned correctly.

Bingo BrownBoy,

The driver's side adjustible camber bolt was not fully tightened during the alignment so it was rotating in the mount. The shop tightened it up good, at no charge. The car definately felt "weird"... I could feel it slip on corners. Unfortunately, the front left tire is showing signs of scalloping on the outer edge after a few weeks of driving, I'm moving it to the rear tonight.

It's now feels right, and no longer pulls to either side. :)

Archived