LegacyGT.com

Want a dirt cheap lift kit. Help?

Hey guys. I've been reading around here and nasioc looking for info on lifting my 98 Outback. From what I've read, 02-08 forester struts will swap right in and lift it an inch or two. I can get a little bigger tire in there that way and I'm hoping to get a 3-4 inch lift overall with those struts and bigger tires. I don't care about being ridiculous looking or being the biggest one out there, all I'm looking for is a little bit of a unique suspension that handles better than my current setup and has a little more ground clearance. Will lifting like this mess anything up (specifically CV axles, wheel bearings, driveshafts, u joints, differential, transmission, etc.) and are there going to be any weak points I should worry about breaking?

My current setup is stock struts lowered 1" with cut springs in the front on 195/65/r15 all weather tires. Literally anything I replace this suspension with is going to be better than this.

id think the heavier tires would create a weak point at the hubs, if anything.

i also think it would be fine, unless you are going to romp the hell out of it. theres a guy on here named brokndarkagain or something like that that has a lifted lsi, he has done some pretty cool things with it. he has also broken a few things along the way.

I know a guy that has the stock forester suspension for a hundie plus shipping. Less than 60k on them.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2nw3hax.jpg

he just bought it, the kid he bought it from replaced it with wrx suspension and cut the springs. Dumbass.

Archived