LegacyGT.com

Noob with questions

I'm in pursuit of acquiring a 98 Legacy GT with a 03 WRX swap. Everything looks pretty clean and there are some nice "jdm" goodies that go along with the car. My first focus will be the interior and possibly wheels. I'm not going too crazy as this will be my DD while my built 05 Evo RS (600hp) sits for the winter. I've located a set of leather/mesh 04 Forester XT front (heated) and rear seats local for a good price. The questions I have are:

Will the front Forester XT seats bolt right into the 98 Legacy?

Will the rear Forester XT seats bolt in? What modification are needed? I realize it wagon to sedan, etc.

Any rubbing issues with STI BBS' (17s) with a moderate drop?

I'll post pics if I get the car soon, thanks.

Migs

I think the front seats should bolt in fine, you might have one missing bolt though cause the legacy uses five and I think the forester/imprezas use four. Would be fine though. Not sure on the rears.

I doubt the rubbing issues, but I think it's really dependent on what you drop it on. Just springs, you might have an issue not sure. I dropped my 97 gt on 04sti suspension and it gave me extra room. But I'm also running a different offset, not the sti bbs. Also, make sure if you get sti bbs that you get 04 only, 05+ went to a different bolt pattern.

Archived