LegacyGT.com

GI: Another DAMD Steering Wheel GB?

m sprank

With the final shipment of DAMD wheels from the first GB arriving now, I wonder if it is time to start up another. In order to offer the great discount pricing again I would need 10 buyers.

Wheels are available for 05-06, 07-09 and 2010.

These are not cheap. But they are the only aftermarket wheels that use the OEM airbag and steering controls.

Let me know if the interest is there for a New Years Group Buy.

-Mike

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not so soon. Maybe summertime?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

IIRC they were only like $600 shipped or something like that. A SOLID discount from your normal vendors.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

You paid GB price for yours. Plus I installed it for free. What are you complaining about?

I plan on running this GB on nasioc and possibly other forums as well. No way it can wait until summer time. I want to place at least four orders a year with DAMD.

MR2 parts from what manufacturer? I am not importing everything and anything from Japan. So far, the only brand that I see interest in that I can get is DAMD.

Sorry, I am not looking to become a JDM parts source. I am not bringing containers over for Japan. I had all 15 steering wheels airfreight from Japan. Thats how they get here in 4 days once they ship.

Hmm, I MIGHT be in, pending the total number of people interested.

If you have crazy interest on NASIOC, then the prices will probably be low enough for my budget. I'll just put rotors off until next year.

So, I'm tentative but probable. 09 wheel, black, black stitch, and round.

You paid GB price for yours. Plus I installed it for free. What are you complaining about?

I plan on running this GB on nasioc and possibly other forums as well. No way it can wait until summer time. I want to place at least four orders a year with DAMD.

Hahaha Mike.. I was just saying :) If the prices are low enough, I might considering getting a round one instead.

Chances are that it will take two months to get the wheels. DAMD is out of inventory. I bought it all last time. We had to wait for the last 10 wheels to be made.

No matter how much interest there is the prices will not go any lower unless the Yen falls. The discount I got from DAMD last time is the largest they have ever offered. Japan does not discount. In all reality, the discount I received was in shipping (more is cheaper) not in pricing on the wheels.

The last GB was AT COST!

I'm not familiar with the 05 version of the wheel. I don't have any radio or shift buttons on my wheel (just the cruise lever), are they available "buttonless"?

Any photos of the 05 wheel?

thanks!

I was on the same kind of standard '05 LGT MOMO steering wheel. No buttons, nada. :wub:

I'll snap a picture of my ultra-dirty interior for you.

Yes, these are available "button-less," and DAMD/Prova specifically makes them that way to accommodate the various iterations/revisions of the BL/BP chassis. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived