LegacyGT.com

stereo randomly switches from radio to cd

Jack Bauer

I searched and found a couple of old threads but there wasnt much information in them.

On my way home just now my stereo switched from FM to CD quite a few times. If it only happens once in a while, i wouldn't complain, but if it happens as frequently as it did on my ride home, i'm going to be pretty annoyed. It's a 2.5i single disc btw... has anyone been able to determine why this happens and are there any solutions, recalls, etc?

I apologize if there is anything i've asked in my post that can be easily found with a search, but like I said I did try a search and didnt turn up very much.

I wonder if there are dead end wires leading to where steering wheel mounted controls "would be", that are picking up a static / burst of noise that looks like a phantom button press. OOooo eeee oooo ? Hey, Halloween is coming and stranger things have happened.

Scott

no jazzy mods or even snazzy mods, lol, but I did buy the car used and whoever owned it before put an aftermarket stereo in it, so maybe there is something loose back there. Hm... gives me something to think about. thanks :)

Archived