LegacyGT.com

Thinking about parting out my car

How long are you willing to wait for people to take the parts off your hands? I thought about it but I seen some part out threads go 2-3 years. I'm not so fond of seeing the full shell sit up in the yard, I'm really not trying to see a plastic/tarp wrapped shell for even longer.

part out threads have an initial rush then tail off. the ones that do well, put all the info out with a good price and a picture of each item. It helps if you put a location, so ppl can take a stab a shipping costs.

you'll want to get a shipping account (fedex or ups or usps) to save on costs. Also figure out how you are going to be shipping things (u pack or someone else). Include insurance on everything shipped.

You would be better to pull the parts off ahead of time and leave the shell to pulled later. The other option is strip the parts you want to put on your other car and sell this one as is, assuming its still running when you finish.

Why not just sell the shell? Any extra money you make parting out won't be worth the time invested, unless you have a lot of time to donate to this.

SWP wagon's are more valuable in one piece anyway.

Well the up pipe down pipe and exhaust is all AVO 3" and it wasn't used that long on the car, so I would like to get my money back on that.

Than possibly sell the the whole car as is, I posted in another thread it blew the turbo. So the engine needs work.

Archived