LegacyGT.com

Takata Airbag recall

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2003-2006 Baja, Legacy, Outback; 2004-2005 Impreza, WRX, STI

Wonder why they specify the impreza platforms but just say, "legacy" for our platform instead of saying "2.5i, GT, 3.0R"?

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

http://www.subaru.com/vehicle-recalls.html

A Message to Our Customers About Air Bag Recalls

Subaru is committed to addressing the concerns of our customers as we stand behind the safety and quality of our products. We are currently conducting safety recalls related to right front passenger air bags produced by Takata Corporation for some of the following vehicles:

• 2003, 2004, and 2005 model year Legacy
  • 2003, 2004, and 2005 model year Outback
  • 2003, 2004, and 2005 model year Baja
  • 2004 and 2005 model year Impreza (including WRX and STI)

Please note that no Subaru has ever been fitted with Takata-produced driver-side front airbags, and therefore any recall only applies to passenger-side airbags.

If you believe you may own one of these vehicles, we encourage you to check by using this VIN lookup function. If your vehicle is affected, we urge you to take immediate action by scheduling an appointment with your Subaru retailer (dealer) to have the recall performed. Please avoid seating occupants in the right front passenger seat until you have the scheduled work performed on your vehicle. If you have any questions, please contact your Subaru retailer, or our National Customer Contact Center at 1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783).

Put in my 05 LGT's ans son's 05 OB 2.5i VINs and it only shows two old recalls, brake line and radiator fan relay.

Will check again in a few days.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

This is because Takata still hasn't specified the root of the issue to the US safety regulators. They are currently being fined $14k per day after doing a "document dump" to hinder the investigation

This looks to be valuable but it's not cooperating. When I log into "my subaru", the only recalls that show up for my 05 GT are the brake line deal and the fan relay.

Same for me, wonder if the airbag info has been included.

Same for me, wonder if the airbag info has been included.

I checked this morning and it only reveals the brake line recall from last year. My guess is SOA hasn't gotten around to posting yet due to detailing specific vehicles affected or ours are in the clear.

From the sound of it, it's on a car by car basis and cataloged by VIN. You might be okay, you may not...I'm going to continue check back to be sure.

Everyone is checking now but will have to check again in the future when the investigation is over because right now they still don't know what's causing the inflators to explode. This is what they need to let people know, because people will check now and say oh my car isn't on there, yay! Then a month or two from now they end up being part of the recall

Wonder why they specify the impreza platforms but just say, "legacy" for our platform instead of saying "2.5i, GT, 3.0R"?

Oh come on now...we all know that any WRX owner would never say they own an Impreza, same as an STI owner would never say they own a WRX.

Those guy's know that all Legacy's are the same.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Oh come on now...we all know that any WRX owner would never say they own an Impreza, same as an STI owner would never say they own a WRX.

Those guy's know that all Legacy's are the same.

:lol: Right you are, Ken

• 2 weeks later...
Just found this. It sucks. So the passenger side airbag means dash removal. Expect scratches galore and extra rattles courtesy of a dealer monkey :(

Just found this. It sucks. So the passenger side airbag means dash removal. Expect scratches galore and extra rattles courtesy of a dealer monkey :(

The techs at my local dealer are all friends of mine. FTW :)

Take the dash out yourself before going to dealer. problem solved!;)

If the 2005 Outbacks have been recalled in the US, I'm surprised my Canadian model hasn't.

Recalls are mandated by NHTSA which is US based. Canada has to get involved I would think for Canadian owned models. Just a guess tho.