LegacyGT.com

Wagon Cargo Light - Help

EssTeeAai

So I had an LED light installed in place of my cargo dome light. It was working fine at first. Then it started "glitching" a bit; it only worked when the tailgate was open a few inches, but would immediately go off as soon as you open the tailgate higher. Now it doesn't work at all. Doesn't matter what setting the switch is set to. I also tried putting the stock bulb back in... Nothing. :spin:

The center dome light, and the front map lights all work fine. It's just the rearmost dome light that is in the cargo area that doesn't work.

Are all the dome lights on the same circuit/fuse? Where's the trigger (switch) that tells the car if the tailgate is open or not?

Any help is appreciated. Car is a 2006 Legacy Wagon Special Edition

I couldn't really find anything. Any chance you can post a link for me?

Also, if the wires for the hatch were pinched that would explain why the dome light is not coming on when the hatch is open.

But I can't even turn it on in normal mode, by flipping the switch into the ON position.

First pop out your light assembly and make sure that it is clear around the top. I had a front light do the same thing because there was a connector that was pushing down against the contacts making not engage. Then check rear wiring at the tailgate door switch. Make sure it's all good.

Archived