LegacyGT.com

Has anyone had a FMS CBE and a Magnaflow CBE??

spritefiend

I'm looking for a catback exhaust, and I'm conflicted between the FMS cbe and the magnaflow exhaust.

I understand you get what you pay for, fitment, leaking exhaust etc on a FMS vs Magnaflow.. However, I'm seeing a number of people complaining about drone, too loud and even adding a 3rd resonator to the magnaflow cbe..

This is a concern for me. While I do want a louder exhaust than stock, I don't want a LOUD exhaust that gets negative attention. To be quite honest, I'm seeing better reviews on sound with the Fast Motorsports vs the Magnaflow, just at the expense of having iffy fitment and exhaust leaks.

Looking for opinions!

Thanks.

The Magnaflow droned at highway speeds even with the 3rd muffler. The FMS sounded great, and some may even consider it too quiet, but the wife did not approve it for baby ears. FMS fitment was fine, I got it shipped for under $400 during a Black Friday special. I'm now on the stock catback as that is the only one wife approved.

The Magnaflow droned at highway speeds even with the 3rd muffler. The FMS sounded great, and some may even consider it too quiet, but the wife did not approve it for baby ears. FMS fitment was fine, I got it shipped for under $400 during a Black Friday special. I'm now on the stock catback as that is the only one wife approved.

sweet.. thank you very much!

cool, thanks for the review.. that's pretty much what i've read about the magnaflow, super good quality and fitment, but loud and drones.. sometimes even after adding a 3rd resonator/muffler in line.

i'm pretty set on the FMS cbe now, and i was thinking of the FMS uppipe too.. but i've read HORRIBLE things about fitment, so i'm going to go with an invidia uppipe that has an egt bung as well.

You know what, I was just at Infamous Performance and happen to know he has two UP's sitting in his office right now. Once has yet to go out for coating and is likey available at a very reasonable price.

PM him here with BUY AN UPPIPE FROM YOUR OFFICE as a title to M Sprank. He is the owner of Infamous Performance and is VERY well respected on the site. He also built my showcar.

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/StoreFront

• 4 weeks later...

Archived