LegacyGT.com

abs honeycomb grill inserts

so i have seen people ask about jdm spec b style abs honeycomb grill mesh. i even saw someone cut a crown vic grill to fit. has anyone looked into Kamei 44209, black abs grill mesh? they make another similar one to. forgive me if this has been tried. i DID search. i am thinking about trying a diy grill with it but i am not sure if it would need to bend to look proper and how bending abs is. anyone?

i think the bigest problem would be that abs doesnt flex like mesh does. i want the honey comb at the front like the s402 and diy grills. not at the back like the rbs grills. this is a link to vw people hacking up honeycomb. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3112914

i think with some bondo and time i could cut the grill into the shape i want. it will definitly be an ass pain.

Just throwing in my .02 here (yes I'm the guy with the Crown Vic grille).

I originally had a mesh honeycomb grille mounted in the front (I was obsessed with getting that JDM grille look from the start lol)...

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/jjbhoops30/Legacy/flush_mesh.jpg?t=1246817649

The picture is pretty crappy, but the old mesh grille looks like a dog's butt compared to the new grille. The Kamei honeycomb mesh looks just like the mesh that I used (I realize the Kamei is ABS and mine was just ricer chickenwire mesh). It was ok. It was very easy to bend and work with.

What year is your car ninjaturtles? I know for a fact the chrome around the grille does not come off of the 05s. I tried. It may come off for the 06s and it definitely comes off on the 07s. I know someone made a front mounted mesh grille on their 07 by popping off the chrome and reattached it. It looked nice. There are pics of it in one of the DIY grille threads.

stoplightassassin: i love ur grill.. its basically what i want to do. i think the stuff i am talking about isnt thin like grill mesh. it looks like its atleast a half inch thick. i have an 09 so the diy mesh is easy. its just not what i am looking for. i am iether going to do what you did, or make this kamei shit work.

ps i really dig how you painted the bottom of your bumper to match your lip. i would do the same if i had an 05.

Archived