LegacyGT.com

100k Mile Club

Thought I'd start a thread for the 100k mile club. I just rolled over to 99k. Perhaps a good thread to sticky for people who have questions about longterm maintenance on their cars.

I'm interested to see whose still running original turbo and alternator.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sure did! had to have the pilot and release bearing replaced, clutch disc and pressure plate. $1100.00

Over all pretty happy with the service from the shop I used. To get the owners wifes car as a loaner was a plus too. it's going back tomorrow for a little tweaking.

they rotated and balanced the tires but I'm getting some steering wheel vibration between 60-80mph. also seem to have an odd noise; different than before having the clutch fixed I want them to listen to. can't put my finger on what it is nor can I explain it.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Thought I'd start a thread for the 100k mile club. I just rolled over to 99k. Perhaps a good thread to sticky for people who have questions about longterm maintenance on their cars.

I'm interested to see whose still running original turbo and alternator.

is the alternator a worry getting up there? also, are they interchangable between models (wrx, sti, lgt)?

almost 80K here.

good question. I know there are some with mileage already at 100k and above and I'd like to know what went on their cars and when.

for example:

turbo

alternator

water pump

etc....

2 bulbs??? that's it??:lol: man, i lost count how many I've had to replace!

I had a 97 LGT up untill 2 years ago. Lasted to 220,000. Unbelievable but the clutch lasted thru the end (of course it was a non turbo). Alternator went at 170 k , Waterpump at 190 , AC compressor at 210. (oh yea almost forgot, head gasket at 90 k) Traded for a WRX

63 k on my current 05 LGT with nary a hiccup.

My parents bought a1999 outback at 22000, now has 160000ish. We had to replace the wheel bearings a bunch of times (some mechanic screwed it up the first time). Then at 120000 the head gasket went, fortunately I caught it when the temp gauge was about 3/4 of the way to HOT. So no damage was done. At the same time had the clutch replaced. Since it had never been done before, at 155000 I had the timing belt replaced to prevent it breaking and killing my engine. But other than that, no major issues. Just the usual battery, bulbs, filters. etc. Now it is my sisters car, so we will see how it fairs...

99.5k here. 3rd owner :mad:

-Clutch @ ~70k (1st owner lived on a crazy hill, or so the 2nd owner says)

-Right wheel bearing @ 91K

Getting ready for the timing belt to be done. Think I should get the water pump done at the same time?

"This is an adventure."

great question! some would say while they're in there mind as well. don't know the answer to that one though.

99.5k here. 3rd owner :mad:

-Clutch @ ~70k (1st owner lived on a crazy hill, or so the 2nd owner says)

-Right wheel bearing @ 91K

Getting ready for the timing belt to be done. Think I should get the water pump done at the same time?

def get the tensioner replaced at the same time. Will save you hassle later.

Update for service I'm having done today- 108k, '03 Legacy L, driver side and passenger side CV axels and ball joints (this is costing me a pretty penny).

In addition to misc bulbs out and head gaskets (head gaskets covered under warranty @ 90k).

• 3 weeks later...
100,050 mile now. purrs like a kitten.

Just a question here. When do you think I will have some issues with major stuff? Any extra maintance I should consider? I got a 2006 SpecB stage II dyno at 283 HP... 30k right now... Not one problem yet... Not a bad bulb no scratches or dings not even one rattle... I change the oil... synthetic every 4000 miles... I avoid boost on cold starts and right before shut offs. I drive pretty normal except for two cases... 1) open interstate not uncommon to do 100+ for miles 2) quick starts versus Mustangs GT's, 350Z's, BMW's or when it is wet out. Clutch feels like launch point is a little higher but still has great grab power, brakes steering still solid but I have noticed a very slight steering vibration when bringing the car back down to 68 from 120 ( yes laser jammer has sounded). I do get a little pop from the tailpipe more so than when the Cobb exhaust was new during down shifts. I know this is tough to comment on but any thoughts or comments on your car history is helpful.

guess every car/driver is a little different. I'm stock except for some minor suspension work and some hawk hps pads and other than the number 2 missfire that took the dealership close to 12 visits to fix (incompetence) changing my v-belts at 90k and my clutch going at 100k has been my first major service.

I get on my car from time to time, but my drive to work has VERY few stops too.

I am at 99,000 ...OEM original clutch, shocks. I run about 3000 miles a month, will break 100,000k by November.

Any Suggested Maintenance?

Replaced 1 right light buld (dealer paid)

Replaced all 4 stock rims at 65,000 miles. The Dealer understood that I had high miles and the rims were lest than 2 years old. The rims started getting bubbles under the paint, looked like salt/winter damage.

I performed ALL Regular Maintenance , Changed Oil Mobil 1 every 5,000k , Brake job, Timing belt, F/R Dif service.

Drving like new.

05' LGT Wagon with 5 Spd The Coolest Mod ! :dm:

• 3 weeks later...

I have to admit. 102k on the car right now on original turbo, water pump, etc.... Clutch has been replaced; and the car still runs great.

But in the back of my head I can't help but think about the life of my turbo and water pump. feels like its a time bomb; never know when it's going to go.

When the clutch was replaced my mechanic looked at the turbo and said it was in good shape. At this point I don't know when i should be proactive and replace it or anything else that is original.

Last thing I want to do is have a part go and cause other damage.

Water pumps from Subaru last much longer than the norm . They also have a hole on the bottom to leak water slowly and tell you when they start to go.

I don't know much about When Turbo's go but I do know the WRX crowd runs their cars hard and they seem to last well over 100 G.

good to know. i typically don't run my car hard.

Archived