LegacyGT.com

05 obxt starting problem with error codes

Grimlock

Hello, new to the form so let me know if you need any more info and thanks for the help.

Backstory: 2005 outback xt that I just replaced turbo CHRA due to old cartridge leaking oil. While taking out old turbo I noticed that the air inlet pipe was ripped to decided to replace that as well. In order to do that I had to take intake manifold off, which was unnecessarily difficult and I was never able to get it all the way off, just raised it enough to replace gaskets and air inlet pipe. putting it back together went fine until I tried to start it.

Problem: While it will start it has to crank much longer then it should and occasionally it won't start at all, in which case I'll leave it a few minutes and it tends to start, much like I flooded it...

Codes displayed: went to auto parts store and used their code reader and got 2 codes:

P0340

Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit (Bank 1 or Single Sensor)

P2011

Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit/ open bank 2

While I'm almost positive every sensor was reconnected, (checked like 4 times) I suppose its possible one is not but anyone have any other ideas?

The Cam position sensors are on the back side of the heads, should be able to see if they're connected (and even give them a little wiggle to make sure) w/o removing anything. The Intake Manifold connector, you'll have to pull the TMIC to see it.. i'd just unplug them all, blow them out w/ a compressor make sure they're clean and plug them back in, make sure you get a good 'click' when they lock.

Did you unplug anything on the front of the motor? or just mess around in the back?

Archived