LegacyGT.com

Navigation update......

RIPjeep2002

I emailed SOA about my quirks with the factory Kenwood navigation unit, saying new roads in my area have been built and i quite frequently am driving off the road according my my navigation unit. According to SOA, a v 4.0 will be released this fall 09' with "major changes and updates" and will be comaptable with our units.

I think they say that with every new release. It would be decent of them to actually get map with up to date streets. My 1.2 or .6 GB of garmin North America maps on my smartphone are more up to date with more detail then two DL-DVD worth of maps:mad:. The out of date maps have always been my main beef with the navi.

The navigation system frequently tells me to take a road that, as far as I know, hasn't existed for decades. :lol:

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

If I actually listened to my factory nav I would be dead! :eek: It has told me on several occasions to make "the next legal u-turn" into the giant hole that used to be WTC. :confused: Its pretty cool when it gets confused going into the tunnels and shows me driving underwater too. Kinda like I'm James Bond or something. :lol:

Sometimes the NAV really irks me. :lol: The red line is the route the NAV led me on in Kansas on my trip back from California, the green line is route I should have taken. I didn't have the NAV backed out enough to notice that it was leading me waaaaaaaaaay out of my way. :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/zmarko/farkyouNAV.jpg

my favorite nav story is when i was going to a seminar and the nav just kept telling me to make u-turns. i could see the green line basically having me go back and forth down the same stretch of road with no destination in sight. :mad:

• 3 weeks later...
Yea, for fun I try to keep track of nav screw-ups. My favorite is a house in my (very residential) neighborhood, which is apparently, a Subway sandwich shop! The phone number is actually for a valid Subway in town, but the location is way off. I've considered knocking on the front door of these folks and asking for a Spicy Italian on wheat!

I emailed SOA about my quirks with the factory Kenwood navigation unit, saying new roads in my area have been built and i quite frequently am driving off the road according my my navigation unit. According to SOA, a v 4.0 will be released this fall 09' with "major changes and updates" and will be comaptable with our units.

Subscribed for info about the update. I enjoy driving off in the middle of a field when watching the nav - like I'm pseudo-off roading.

Archived