LegacyGT.com

Need confirmation on tire fitment!

Whiteouttx

I have a 2005 Legacy GT with a lowered suspension, it has the Bilstein Type 2 Nurburgring Struts, although the springs are unknown to me. (I bought the car from a 61 year old proffessor.)

The wheels I am currently looking at are Sparco Assseto Gara wheels. The wheels are 18 in. The tires that surround them are 245/40 R18.

My question is whether or not they are too big to fit under my car.

I need a response really quick because today may be the only day I can buy them.

I run 245/40/18 star specs on 18x8 +48 SSR Comps. No rub with camber and a mild roll

Is that with coilovers, or regular struts?

Do you have any pics that show how square the tire is on the wheel? Or how much (if at all) the sidewalls protrude from the sides of the front fenders?

I'm trying to decide between 235/40/18 and 245/40/18. 18x8+48 wheels, same as yours. Gonna buy tires this coming weekend. I think. Paralyzed by indecision. :)

This is the best still shot I have of the wheels unfortunately. I was never into photoshoots...all my shots are ACTIONNNNNNNNN!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/jjbhoops30/SSRs_Black_zoomedout.jpg?t=1275354336

And it's lowered on coilovers, but not all that low at all. It's a functional drop. And keep in mind that Star Specs and Z2s run wide. A 245 is more like a 255.

This is the best still shot I have of the wheels unfortunately. I was never into photoshoots...all my shots are ACTIONNNNNNNNN!

And it's lowered on coilovers, but not all that low at all. It's a functional drop. And keep in mind that Star Specs and Z2s run wide. A 245 is more like a 255.

Thanks! I didn't realize they were wide, that makes the decision pretty easy then, I'll just go with 235s.

Thanks! I didn't realize they were wide, that makes the decision pretty easy then, I'll just go with 235s.

I run the Z2s on my M3. They're a great tire IMO, if you can find them. They've been discontinued because Dunlop is getting ready to release the Z2 Star Spec later this year. I know people have been snapping them up before they're all gone.

Archived