LegacyGT.com

ecu of choice?

something different

The STI's additional power comes from the STI's bigger turbo. Swapping ECUs won't help.

However, you can almost certainly have your curent ECU re-tuned for whatever modifications you want, including an STI turbo or something even bigger. If it is supported by the Tactrix OpenPort and/or Cobb AccessPort (and I'm pretty they both support it) then there is no reason to switch it out for something else.

yes, well i don't mean the same performance as an sti, although what i have now is very close. my current turbo makes 17 psi boost and the performance is more than adequate. i just want to go with an ecu that i don't need to use the cobb access port with for the same performance as i have now..

An AccessPort (or OpenPort) plus your current ECU, turbo and mods will give you more power than any stock Subaru ECU with the same turbo and mods. I'd bet money on that.*

* Only about $5, but that's a lot for a guy who never gambles.

yes, well i don't mean the same performance as an sti, although what i have now is very close. my current turbo makes 17 psi boost and the performance is more than adequate. i just want to go with an ecu that i don't need to use the cobb access port with for the same performance as i have now..

Maybe you know something I don't but how do you figure a stock tune will be better than a custom tune?

You do know there are other tuning options besides the AP don't you?

As NSFW has stated, open source with a tactrix or VAG COM cable is a great option.

Archived