LegacyGT.com

N/A Suspension

Ordered some S.Tech ... S-Techs... whatever for LGT off ebay for $165 shipped w/ insurance. Not a bad deal at all considering the ION's which are matched to the 2.5i are like $340+shipping WITH a GB. I'll let you guys know how they come out on my N/A with the weight difference and all.

I would think that the 2.5i is lighter up front, and about the same weight in the back. If the springs are sedan specific, and you have a sedan, I don't see how there could be any problems. If you're car is heavier than the intended car, that could cause problems. If anything, your ride probably wont be the same as the GT owners experience. I doubt OVERALL handling would be affected TOO much though.

*This is all me talking out of my hole...I am in no way talking w/ any experience. I do have the GT-specific KSport coilovers. But those are adjusted independently on each car, so it's a different case*

Xantium - you definately get what you pay for, two years down the road when you have to replace the springs due to material fatigue you'll just end up paying double for labor and then the cost of another set of springs.

Teins are that bad?

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

With a total vehicle weight difference of 115 lbs 2.5i vs. 2.5GT, I think a spring requirement difference is negligible. Probably the same as someone making minor vehicle changes to suit a different track day or course. If you are going stiffer than stock with aftermaket, the difference would be even less.

Teins arent bad, they are a higher demand and have a bigger market so they can sell cheaper.........My friend has S-Tech's and KYB's on his 91 MR2, hes had them now for about 4 years and no problems.
...when death calls, Im good. I got caller ID.:icon_bigg

OhBe1 - it depends on your definition of "bad". there are several things that we've observed with TEIN's springs in the past:

(a) The spring rates between new and old vary quite a bit (given the exact same model of spring for the exact same application.

(b) Up here in the "snow belt" they seem to deterior rate quite quickly.

© Variance from spring to spring are quite large (ie: production tolerances are low)

We have many customers who've had TEIN's, who've also tried the Eibach's & H&R's etc who just end up switching to ours due to the fact that many of them have had issues with longevity from the other manufactures.

NALegacy - There's more difference then you think (weight). the LGT's are heavier up front compared to the 2.5i for both manual and auto tranny versions. The distribution of weight is also different; and as such the reason why we have specific springs for each particular chassis/tranny/engine combination. We don't agree with the "one-size-fits-all" mentality; especially since they would have adverse effects on performance and ride quality.

We have many customers who've had TEIN's, who've also tried the Eibach's & H&R's etc who just end up switching to ours due to the fact that many of them have had issues with longevity from the other manufactures.

and i had eibach springs paired with konis on my accord for the past 5 years and they still ride like day one. too bad i can't say the same thing about teins

Yea... you just have to understand that i dont want to invest a huge ammount of money into a car that isn't exactly performance oriented in the first place. If i had a GT, I'd got with ION. Just looking for a cheap handling improvement over stock. I'll let you guys know if they rust into paperclips by the end of this winter...

Archived