LegacyGT.com

need some help on who has ridden which setup

jarod5911

I just bought a set of rims and I am trying to decide on I tire to go with. I want to go the tallest and widest I can without having to roll the fenders. I got a 47 offset wheel that is 8.5 inches wide. I’m thinking about going with at 225/40/18 but I would like to go with a 225/45/18 or a 235/40/18. Has anybody ridden this setup or know which tires will work? Thank you!!!

The poll is for which setup would you would go with and be safe with without rolling the fenders thank you!!

sorry i edited it and put that in there but i guess it didntshow up i have a 2005 2.5i with stock 16's. i looked at the xenon version but it doesnt have the 225/45/18 size and was just wondering if anybody has ridden this setup and if they had to roll the fenders or not.

I run 225/45/18's but on 7.5 " rims (spec B's) I had minor rubbing issues when I had Swift springs (Very low springs) . No such problems with ION springs which are lower than stock. Most big cities have several shops that roll the fenders . I Looked into it and it cost around 50-75 per fender. Ended up doing a little rolling myself with a heat gun (to prevent the paint from cracking) . Have heard of other DIY 'ers on the NASIOC forums doing it with baseball bats. There is always a risk so its worth it to let a seasoned pro do it.

I am running 18x8 I believe rims with 245/40/18's and I am rubbing in the rear. I am going to get some spacers for the rears however I wish less wide tires came on the car. I think you should go with 225's that way no rolling will be needed. Mine are rolled btw
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Wow 18.5 " wide, that must be a record on our cars.

They do stick out a bit. I bought the Subaru mud guards to prevent stuff from getting thrown at the sides. I believe 8" is perfect, but the DPTs didn't come in 18x8.

I've got 18x8.5 et47 wheels with 225/40 tires. I'm on coils but I'm not too low. The rears are fine. In fact, I almost wish I had some spacers for the rear. The front only rub if I hit a big dip/bump at high speeds. However, I should note, I'm running 0* camber. Probably with 1* or 1.5*, I doubt I would rub. I do plan on giving the front a little roll in the near future.

Here's a pic to show my ride height. Also, wheels are Work Emotion 11R.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4476909879_28e251dd60_o.jpg

I've got 18x8.5 et47 wheels with 225/40 tires. I'm on coils but I'm not too low. The rears are fine. In fact, I almost wish I had some spacers for the rear. The front only rub if I hit a big dip/bump at high speeds. However, I should note, I'm running 0* camber. Probably with 1* or 1.5*, I doubt I would rub. I do plan on giving the front a little roll in the near future.

Here's a pic to show my ride height. Also, wheels are Work Emotion 11R.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4476909879_28e251dd60_o.jpg

Do your tires look stretched over your rims? Or do they fit nicely? Do you wish you went with a 235?

Ok I like that look I wish I could do a 235 I proably will next time I get wheels. When u say your running a 0* camber did you do that yourself or did they do that when you got an allighnment? I'm on stock ride height so I should have no problem cleering.

Well, I'm on coilovers that have adjustable camber on pillowballs. It was late when I got the coils on and I didn't feel like adjusting the camber so I left it at the 0* that the coils came set on. With stock suspension, you shouldn't have problems fitting this set up at all.

Well, I'm on coilovers that have adjustable camber on pillowballs. It was late when I got the coils on and I didn't feel like adjusting the camber so I left it at the 0* that the coils came set on. With stock suspension, you shouldn't have problems fitting this set up at all.

Ok thanks for all the help

• 3 weeks later...
I run 225/45/18's but on 7.5 " rims (spec B's) I had minor rubbing issues when I had Swift springs (Very low springs) . No such problems with ION springs which are lower than stock. Most big cities have several shops that roll the fenders . I Looked into it and it cost around 50-75 per fender. Ended up doing a little rolling myself with a heat gun (to prevent the paint from cracking) . Have heard of other DIY 'ers on the NASIOC forums doing it with baseball bats. There is always a risk so its worth it to let a seasoned pro do it.

specb is 7" wide

I have 235/40/18s on 18x8.5 rims. No rolling necessary.

this is with +48 offset?

shit i think im gonna return my 18x7.5 at +42 in favour of this size, as Id like to keep the 235/40/18 invos i got.

Archived