LegacyGT.com

new Legacy owner

hey all, just bought a 2008 legacy 3.0R and have only had it a day and i love it. I had a question about how i can set the gps screen to display my tire pressure. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome. You actually can't display your tire pressure on the GPS screen as the car does not have this feature. The pressure monitoring system only indicates low tire pressure when one or more tires are significantly lower in pressure than the others. This will come on as a light on your dash.

The only thing you can do on the GPS screen is set a reminder of when to check the pressure.

Hope that helps.

I actually have another question.. I bought the car new, it'd just been on the lot for a couple of years and only has 300 miles on it. Would you guys recommend I change the oil now just to get a fresh batch in? Or will it be fine as is? I've also seen the synthetic vs. dino argument and have no idea which to go with. Seeing as I dont have a turbo and probably will leave my legacy stock (probably throw some tint on but nothing performance wise) I would think dino would be fine. Anyone who also has a 3.0's input on which oil you use would be great.

I bought my 08 new with 80 miles but it too had been sitting on the lot for some time. I just changed the oil at 2,500 for the first oil change. You should be fine. Of course if it makes you feel better to get some new oil in it can't hurt.

As far as synthetic vs regular oil...there's a lot of discussion on this. I have been told that regular oil is just fine and that synthetic tends to burn faster in our cars. But that is on the turbo engine. I'm not sure how that relates to the 3.0R. Either way I don't think synthetic is needed but that is just my opinion.

Archived