LegacyGT.com

Ordered B4 badge overlays

eldiablo

I debadged this weekend and wanted to do something a little different badge-wise so I ordered B4 overlays from Ryan at GrafxWerks.

These overlays will go over front / rear Subie logo like the popular L7 badges. I also am having one made for the horn pad. ($45 for package of 3).

I should have them by the weekend and will post pics once I get them on.

For those interested in using for other purposes, here is the jpeg design which I sent to Ryan to create the badges. He said he can't duplicate the 3-D bevel design but can make the letters in chrome and add the red shadowed accent over a black background.

I hope they look okay. We'll see...

b4-logo.jpg.1cc4ea5f7d48269b4ead5818770f6fce.jpg

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

that's cool. I actually spoke to ryan about making a "GT" overlay but he needs a hi-res pic & I never sent one to him. I took the "L7"s off after too many "is that a scion?"s. "B4" is better for sure.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Hmmm..... me likey!

All I want on the trunk is "Subaru" on the left and "Legacy" on the right... but that overlay would look pimptastic on the front! Especially with a JDM style aero grille!

Thanx for the heads up.... I look forward to the pics!

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Nobody has ever questioned my L7 badges. Personally I love watching the passengers in cars that pass me twist around to see if they can better identify the car from the front. I think they can tell that its not a Scion, but they have no idea what else it could be. I'm definitely getting one for the steering wheel and engine cover come spring. I'd like to get a different grill so I can put a B4 badge on it like someone else posted. That just looks sweet if you ask me.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Nobody has ever questioned my L7 badges. Personally I love watching the passengers in cars that pass me twist around to see if they can better identify the car from the front. I think they can tell that its not a Scion, but they have no idea what else it could be. I'm definitely getting one for the steering wheel and engine cover come spring. I'd like to get a different grill so I can put a B4 badge on it like someone else posted. That just looks sweet if you ask me.

Very true. There are so many unique badging ideas that members have come up with. I wasn't sure what to do myself so I started with the debadge. If all else fails and the B4's overlays look bad, I'll probably apply a B4 emblem somewhere back there.

Has anyone considered blacking out the stock emblems? That might be an improvement over shiny stock since I've got the tinted tails and windows...

So many choices...

Ya mean something like this!?!? I like the anonymous look. :)

I also ordered the L7 badge too but decided I like the all black look.

Has anyone considered blacking out the stock emblems? That might be an improvement over shiny stock since I've got the tinted tails and windows...

So many choices...

back-b4.JPG.4466d54c36d477f2363b07d2c96badf6.JPG

I recently ordered my L7 badge and personally, I can't wait until someone asks me if my car is a Scion. At least it will give me something to laugh about. Anyone who mistakes my car with a Scion isn't someone that I will be having a serious auto conversation with anytime soon.

I tinted the stock emblem for quite awhile. In fact, for a short time I had a nice STi decal on the tint. It was a good look I thought. I had actually double layered the tint for that one so you couldn't see the stock emblem underneath.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/163-6357_IMG.jpg

Here it is with just the tint. I used some leftover material from when I made my smoked corner covers.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC01902.jpg

Here it is now with the L7 badge. Nobody has ever said anything, but I know the back of my car confuses people. You can tell when they are trying to identify me from the front as they pass me. I can't wait to get the B4 badge on the side of the grill when I do that mod. :lol:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC02243.jpg

OCDETAILS BLOG

Looks good. Get us some pics when you get 'em on.

Speaking of variations on badging...

When I get my legacy, it is getting debadged almost immediately.

But I do like the B4 badge, and I do like the cherry and chrome STI badge for the back. I'd probably do the B4 on the left side, even with the bottom of the tail light, half way between the tail light and the license plate recess. STi on the right side, same location.

If I had to, and could afford to fill the spoiler holes in the trunk lid for a k2gear rear lip spoiler, I would probably also fill the badge holes for the rear subaru oval. I am tempted to commit blasphemy, and put a hyperblack / carbon-colored "turbo" script there, from a new-style Porsche.

I'd probably do the 2005 STi side decals on the front doors, not sure above or below the rub strip... and a Black and cherry red/pink STi badge in the lower right corner an RBS/JDM-style open mesh grille, with a Subaru oval in the center.

Instead of getting a vinyl overlay for the subie oval on the steering wheel, I want to try and locate a black STi driver's Airbag, with the round STi badge in the center, as well as STi Center caps for the BBS RGR wheels I want, and perhaps the Center gauge package, which is cool in itself, but happens to be STI branded "for teh win."

I want to make it look like it would if it were an official Legacy STi. Make no mistake, it would also be tuned with full exhaust, AP Stage II or better, and would have the "go" to match the "show", as well as STi/Bilstein and Cusco suspension parts. I'd put an STi 6MT and rear diff in it, as well, if it were somehow affordable. Probably 06, with the new helical/electro-hydraulic DCCD, and helical front and Rear LSDs... Full RWD holeshots, yeah buddy!

As people have said... If Subaru won't make a Legacy STi, I'll just have to do it myself... Now if I could just get it in WRB... Without that, I am split between Black, Brilliant Silver, or Garnet Red. I love RBP, too, but I would have to go with a used 05 for that, and the Spec B red leather seats wouldn't go with that color. Regal, Atlantic, or World Rally blue would have to get custom upholstery with blue alcantara inserts in the black leather seats, like the JDM WR Limited cars...

I want it to look factory tuned at first glance, but on a closer look, the initiated would know that LOTS of things have been touched and optimized.

If you guys formalize on a design, you can have this place custom laser engrave a badge for you.

http://www.autobadges.com/ouremblems/

They deal with mustangs most of the time, go to the custom section at the bottom of the page.

There already is a B4 badge being made. That image is taken from the original badge complete with red shadow. That is a cool site though. I could dig something custom for sure. Thanks for sharing!

OCDETAILS BLOG

^^^

any problems with the edges bubbling up and not laying flat? I ended up buying a 2nd set of wheel decals because the first set wouldn't stay flat. On the 2nd set I cleaned with rubbing alcohol and then even heated them but they still curled. IMO if I was applying this on a body panel i would get a real badge, a decal looks cheesy.

drewster -

I've got the wheel centercap decals, no edge bubbling.

Are you using the correct diameter?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^^^

any problems with the edges bubbling up and not laying flat? I ended up buying a 2nd set of wheel decals because the first set wouldn't stay flat. On the 2nd set I cleaned with rubbing alcohol and then even heated them but they still curled. IMO if I was applying this on a body panel i would get a real badge, a decal looks cheesy.

Nope. No problems applying these decals over the existing Subie logo. Heated them up with a heat gun, rubbed them on, slowly peeled premask and so far so good. I was a little worried about the cold air effecting the adhesion but they seem okay.

I agree about the body panels needing a real badge. These B4 badges are designed and sized as an overlay, and probably wouldn't look good used any other way.

• 3 months later...

Archived