LegacyGT.com

licence plate lights

mine was easy doing...got lights from yourledshop...just remove outter rubber bushings and plastic clips..the trim around emergency latch needs to come off too...just reach behind carpet with it hanging and twist off sockets to install...i wouldnt recommend removing those carpet clips very often because theyll wear out...ive heard of people tearing their outside panel of trunk apart doing this mod...thats not needed..did my leds from the inside of trunk..good luck

ok, first, stop by Home depot and look for something like this:

http://www.beisansystems.com/procedures/rear_shocks_procedure_files/image015.jpg

then pop up your trunk, remover all the plastic rivets on it (the one that connect the inner carpet trim with the trunk), took the inner trim out, then you can see the 2 bastards, twist them (you right hand rule thumb) to remove...

and replace them with the new bastards:)

have fun,

edit: dont try to remove those rivets without the tool I show you, or you will either tear your finger nails, your carpet trim, or the rivets apart... Once ya done, putting eveything back together takes about 1 mins ..lol

Much less frustrating if you do it from the outside. Remove the license plate, and there are two 10mm bolts behind it holding the plastic panel onto the back of the trunk. Pop this panel off and the panel holding the two bulbs will then pry down.

This way, you don't have to deal with carpet pop-its, or the inside of the trunk at all.

:whore:

Much less frustrating if you do it from the outside. Remove the license plate, and there are two 10mm bolts behind it holding the plastic panel onto the back of the trunk. Pop this panel off and the panel holding the two bulbs will then pry down.

This way, you don't have to deal with carpet pop-its, or the inside of the trunk at all.

Archived