LegacyGT.com

Smoke from intercooler, coolant smell?

I replaced my turbo a couple of weekend ago and now each time the car is warming up, the car emits smoke out of the Intercooler and I have a pretty heavy smell of coolant in the car. I have been checking the coolant levels in the overflow tank when warm and it does not seem to be going down. Any ideas what this could be and I should check? Thanks

Check coolant hose from turbo to small coolant. Over time the hose balloon & will push coolant pas the spring clamp. I replaced the spring clamps with worm screw clamps for this reason. It a place to start.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Check coolant hose from turbo to small coolant. Over time the hose balloon & will push coolant pas the spring clamp. I replaced the spring clamps with worm screw clamps for this reason. It a place to start.

Mike

Same here.

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

Mike

Yep When I replaced my Turbo I had a problem with the coolant hose on it.

Mine just today came loose (literally sprayed everywhere when I wiggled it). So I repositioned the clamp and made sure it was snug. No steam after that. Hopefully doesn't come loose again. The hose itself seems good still. Not crispy or cracked.

Archived