LegacyGT.com

Wolfgang Polish Enhancer

OK, have a question about the polish enhancer. Today I FINALLY got a chance to really clean the paint, which was WAY over due. When I went to put some polish on the applicator it looked like it had separated. I tried shaking the bottle for a couple min, but no help. It has been maybe a year since I have used it and it has been stored inside my apt. Does this stuff have a shelf life? How, if possible, can I save the rest of the bottle? I’d hate to have to buy another bottle, I can’t get the Wolfgang products local and they are very awesome!

+1, wg ftw. my bottles are ancient, but they've still been getting along with enough agitation.

cold temp also a factor that causes polishes/waxes to separate, maybe warm it up just a bit under the faucet before the shake.

*1000 posts woohoo*

Not many people can get Wolfgang locally, so don't feel bad. They are pretty much only available online unless you happen to live local to one of the online retailers who has a brick and mortar store.

I would call Autogeek and ask them what they think about it. Dwayne is a friend of LGT and I'm sure he would help you out. Give them a call and ask for Dwayne. His extention is 101 I think. Anyway, explain the problem and see what they recommend.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I've had products similar to this that seem to go a little rancid over time, but they always seem to work the way they should. I've had products seperate too, but they have always mixed back up again. I'm thinking there was just something wrong with that particular batch. Let him know when you bought it if you have that information. It might be useful in finding out what they did differently with that batch. Just a thought.

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 1 year later...
Bumping an old thread....I had this happen too. Nothing like having the car ready to go, open the polish enhancer and it has little globs of white stuff floating in clear oil. The emulsion could not be reformed by vigorous shaking either. I ended up just using it the best I could (shaking it between every two applications). The partial bottle of paint sealant did not look exactly like the new bottle of sealant either, so I just pitched that one. I can only assume this happens from hot weather as I bring in my garage freezables for the winter. I guess both bottles of Wolfgang will have to reside in the house year 'round in temperature controlled comfort. Maybe I will put them on the mantle.
It is still ugly.

lol ... putting wolfgang on the mantle. lol Funny thought, actually.

Call Autogeek and let them know about it. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that they send you a new bottle. Call them and dial ext 212 for Dwayne. Tell him Anthony said you'd make the situation right. ;) I'm sure they'll fix it. It will go bad after awhile, but I'm not sure how long. If yours went bad prematurely, then I'm sure they'll fix it.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Leaving any polishing compound, from experience with 3M's stuff, will go bad if not at least shaken vigorously before usage and storage. I know the 3M stuff works wonders and has a very long shelf life. I've been very pleased with their products. Can't say I've worked with WG products, but try shaking it up a bit to try and remix the solution.

Maybe I should invent a carousel that keeps products mixed. Sort of like a watch winder, but for detailing products. lol It would add a new level to high end car care products I think. Sure you can shake the bottle yourself, but you can also wind your watches yourself. I've got five watches that rotate on my watch winder so that they stay wound and in good working order, so why not car care products?

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived