LegacyGT.com

Steelies for 05 LGT caliper clearance

jfg22557

Searching for information on steelies that will clear our 2 pots hasn't yielded much except that the consensus seems to be 16's definitely wont fly, 17's are a must (seems big for steelies). Nasioc said something about oem honda cr-v wheels that clear brembos even, but Id have to assume thats only for 5x114.3.

My oem alloys are so warped and gone that I could never consider running them as winters.

So the question is, does anyone have good info on where to find either steelies that will clear our calipers, or inexpensive 5x100's that arent hideous that also clear?

The narrower the better. Dont mind sacrificing tarmac performance for the winter months.

Don't think anyone makes 17" steelies that will fit an LGT. You're not the first person to ask.

Just get a used set from an LGT, 17" WRX, or some cheap wheels from Tirerack or Discount Tire.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

• 1 year later...
damn...swapping to smaller caliper to clear smaller wheels...

There's an ulterior motive to my madness, I assure you ;)

Not to mention, the pedal feel has actually improved quite a bit with the fixed calipers.

Edit: And as a side note, possibly the best snow tires known to mankind only cost me $140 per corner in 195/65/15. Nice and narrow.

Archived