LegacyGT.com

rallitek spring with aftermarket wheel

Hello people .

last summer i installed the rallitek spring on my lgt 2005 with oem strut. It give a really nice 1"drop and better handling but still comfortable . but the problem is that i'm now rubbing fender with my 17x8 +40offset wheel with 225/45/17tire .

is it normal ?

I've read people with those spring getting big 18 " wheel with no rubbing

Im not so Fan of rolling fender i would prefer get new wheels .

But if anyone with rallitek spring can get me info about their wheels . i appreciate

tks

Yeah its little bit too tall and little bit too offset . result: i rub over bump ,small or big.

So i guess i will be looking for wheel that are less offset . more like oem offset .

the problem is that most aftermarket wheel are +48 or less . I know prodrive used to do +53offset . but i check on their website and they said that they dont do part for street car anymore.

Mm actually it said that they dont sell them anymore .

Money is probably an object for you. However, every wheel company will make you a set of wheels, even if they have been discontinued. When they said they dont make them anymore, they really mean "its not profitable to make these wheels anymore". Pay their asking price (no low balls) and they will make them for you. You'll probably have to buy more than 1 set.

Enkei will make custom wheels as long as you buy them 40 at a time.

im running kyb struts, s tech spring,s ... 18x8 40 offset rims ..225/40 tire .. i did a little roll all around and i dont rub at all .. also maxed the stock front camber bolts .. -1.4ish ... handles great....and no rub

as said above about the tire height .. if you went to a lower sidewall you might solve your problem

Yeah money is a concern for me since im now ahappy father of a 3weeks old daughter. so i need a solution to be able to drive my LGT. the main problem right now is that 2 of my oem wheel are curb and it makes the tire deflated. i loose about 10 psi per week . but i might have find a solution if my Mathematic is rightIshould be good with the 2011 WRX wheels . It has +53 offset . 17x8 . so tell me if im wrong but the tire should be only 2 mm closer to the fender compare with +55 oem. the wheels are 17x8 so the wheel are gonna be 13 mm closer to the fender and 9 mm closer to the suspension . Since 1 "=22 MM.. i might have a deal on WRX wheels but i will have to use shipping so i dont want be wrong .

Archived