LegacyGT.com

Water stain on the seat

Hello

Ok some how I got some water on my driver side seat and it really stained it. I can't think of anything else that it could be other than hard water. I don't remember how it got on there all I remember was one day when I was cleaning the car, I noticed the water stain. Now I tried a little bit of carpet cleaner and it didn't work. I tried just plain old water and that didn't work either. So I'm run out of ideas and I'm not 100% sure what the material is on the seats. Do anyone got any ideas or secrets to share??

Here are the pics.

Thanks

Mark

100_0458.thumb.jpg.1b3591d4b187fa2ce56bf753bd4de029.jpg

100_0459.thumb.jpg.01e0fcb16f0c7fa423245ae33b7f14fd.jpg

Yeah, get some really hot water and a wet vac and that might help. Go to Home Depot and rent a carpet cleaner for about 50 bucks and get some cleaning done in your house while you are at it. That should do the trick.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Leather definitely has its advantages. My Corolla XRS has cloth in it and I'm not liking it. Leather just wipes off and is much more resistant to stains. I could spill a coke on leather and it would just get sticky. Spill that on cloth and it absorbs into the fibers and into the foam too. Getting that out is a pain. It is sort of like the debate about tile versus carpet. Sure they both have advantages, but they have disadvantages too. I like my cloth for car seats because I don't have to worry about creasing the leather. I like the cloth in the winter because it is warmer. I don't slide around as much on cloth either. And I don't have those lousy perforations to deal with when I clean them. However, leather looks new much longer, it tends to be more comfortable, it cleans up much easier, and it makes the vehicle look nicer in most vehicles. If leather is an option on a vehicle then it is something I request, but it isn't a deal breaker by any means.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived