LegacyGT.com

Got the new car bug

GTTuner

I test drove a 2013 3.6R Limited, totally bombed out with NAV and lane departure system. A 36 month lease, 12K a year only 444.00 a month. I keep my 05 too. Anything negative out there on this model, should I skip the lane detection system? I don't need a finnicky car.

No money down, first months payment and I walk out with the car. Residual is 55% of 30,745 dollars. The window sticker is 33,745 and they are leasing it to me for the 30,745 figuire.

Seems too good to be real, I gotta call insurance and get a $$ quote and find out about sales tax. Hell I might do a 2.5i limited, all I want is a daily driver I don't have to shift, I'll keep my GT for weekend blasts.

Are you set on the Legacy? We leased our ATS RWD 2.0t for quite a bit less than that. 0 down 36 months 15k per year allowance. It has everything but NAV and HIDs. I've been told a couple times NAV actually hurts the residual. Just food for thought.

Yeah, I like that but I wanted the AWD. It's difficult for me to find a car I am completely comfortable in. Driving the 13 Legacy is very fimiliar, and I fit perfectly in the 05, the ergo's, ingress-outgress, how I fit in the seats. Honestly I am not one to keep a car more than three years, I never did until I bought the 05. I kept it because I STILL enjoy driving it.

The 5th gen styling has grown on me, some wider wheels with less offset to fill in the wheel wells goes a long way to making it have a nice, muscular stance.

Yeah, I like that but I wanted the AWD. It's difficult for me to find a car I am completely comfortable in. Driving the 13 Legacy is very fimiliar, and I fit perfectly in the 05, the ergo's, ingress-outgress, how I fit in the seats. Honestly I am not one to keep a car more than three years, I never did until I bought the 05. I kept it because I STILL enjoy driving it.

The 5th gen styling has grown on me, some wider wheels with less offset to fill in the wheel wells goes a long way to making it have a nice, muscular stance.

2.0 turbo AWD ATS starts at 36,900, aol autos says they go from 33,800 to 37,000 in my area. I've heard a lot of good things about those cars.

2.0 turbo AWD ATS starts at 36,900, aol autos says they go from 33,800 to 37,000 in my area. I've heard a lot of good things about those cars.

I was just reading some reviews on the ATS, the press is gushing over this car. The only thorn in it's paw was the manual trans has a horible shifter. Moot point I want an automatic.

I'm liking my '13 Limited 2.5i. Really don't mind the CVT, enjoying the mpgs w/ regular gas, like the seats and looks. Drove my 2002 SAAB 9-5 wagon 10 years, hoping for the same or better w/ the Legacy.

I'm liking my '13 Limited 2.5i. Really don't mind the CVT, enjoying the mpgs w/ regular gas, like the seats and looks. Drove my 2002 SAAB 9-5 wagon 10 years, hoping for the same or better w/ the Legacy.

I have been tossing this around, I am going to go and drive a 2.5i LTD today. I really want the gas mileage and the auto trans, from what I see the 2.5 is adequate (0-60 it's faster with the CVT than the manual!). I gotta keep this in perspective while I'd like the 3.6 I want this to be a responsible purchase.

Do you know what MPG's you're averaging?

I had a 2.5 with CVT as rental from the dealer close to your work for couple of days. It actually felt pretty good after a 20 minutes ride from the dealer to home. I even thought to myself that it would be a nice DD, as long as exterior design is not a problem.

Now that was in 2010 or so, redesigned 5th gen is better aesthetically and iirc the CVT was also improved, no?

good luck.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Just picked up my 2013 Legacy 3.6R Ltd. with Nav/Eyesight. Less than a week, but it is completely awesome and the systems all work as advertised. The adaptive cruise control is sweet, and there have been some hidden perks I have been finding too. For example, while sitting at a traffic light behind a car, if you aren't paying attention and the car in front of you starts moving it beeps and tells you that the car in front of you has started moving. That is nice to avoid getting honked at for sitting at a green light like a tool :) I got mine built new from the factory so you ended up with a better sale price than I did, but I think it is totally worth it. I am coming from a 2010 LGT and aside from getting used to the automatic I am not missing it at all. The 3.6R definitely has some speed, but the only downside is that the fuel economy is about the same as the LGT (18 city/25 highway). It doesn't require the premium fuel though, so there is a little bit of a savings there. I don't have enough time driving to give you real world numbers yet but the estimated MPG on the trip odo seems to be about right.

Just picked up my 2013 Legacy 3.6R Ltd. with Nav/Eyesight. Less than a week, but it is completely awesome and the systems all work as advertised. The adaptive cruise control is sweet, and there have been some hidden perks I have been finding too. For example, while sitting at a traffic light behind a car, if you aren't paying attention and the car in front of you starts moving it beeps and tells you that the car in front of you has started moving. That is nice to avoid getting honked at for sitting at a green light like a tool :) I got mine built new from the factory so you ended up with a better sale price than I did, but I think it is totally worth it. I am coming from a 2010 LGT and aside from getting used to the automatic I am not missing it at all. The 3.6R definitely has some speed, but the only downside is that the fuel economy is about the same as the LGT (18 city/25 highway). It doesn't require the premium fuel though, so there is a little bit of a savings there. I don't have enough time driving to give you real world numbers yet but the estimated MPG on the trip odo seems to be about right.

Thanks for that input, sounds like you're happy. I liked the lane departure myself.

I had a Subaru "Love" moment last weekend.....this is why I want to stick with a Subaru;

Saturday evening my daughter calls me...."Dad, I have a problem. I got my car stuck in the sand at the beach". The AAA driver say's he can get close enough to get my car out and he is afraid he will get stuck".

So needless to say good ol' Dad goes to the rescue. I get 100' of some seriously thick rope, and I drive to the scene. There is a town cop there and he says we need a bulldozer or something because if anyone goes out there they will get stuck. Her car is over 100 feet away from solid ground, WTF! So against his judgement, I drove my GT out there, hooked up the rope and pulled the car free and off the beach in less than 10 minutes. That fckn Subaru, I love it. :wub:

I have some pictures, I'm going to send it into Drive magazine.

Interesting concept.

Car shopping with a ton of cash in your pocket is a pretty fun experience, and you seem to be in a position where time is on your side. With a little patience, those factors can really tip the scales in your favor.

Archived