LegacyGT.com

Concaved Rims

amp583

I'm liking concaved rim designs recently. By concave, i mean where the wheel design is not flat, it bowls in. Does anyone know of any 18" with 8" width rims similar to the ones attached that accomplish this? Edit: Looking for closer to 8" since i'm running 225/40

I like the XXR's (chromium black img) but the width is too wide for my tires; at 18" theres 8.75 or 8.75. Haven't seen these under 8.75.

Enekin Rajins (Gen 5 silver) are nice however, not enough bowl in my opinion but definitely considerable.

Rota SS10 (blak rims on tires)- dont have as nice of a bowl in. Near the spoke ends to the outer part of the wheel theres some weird curving outward then inwards.

Anyone have any brilliant suggestions? Am I just SOL since the width im looking for is 8?

xxr_527_cb_tbn.jpg.5c85fe3f2abe103e1300854363bc92ff.jpg

user31565_pic9154_1390260705.jpg.e8d9f0c9d001f6873cedf440ef966962.jpg

ss100.thumb.jpg.04f9418cf7f3870c6f9ece719fdfe616.jpg

The offset that the car needs is largely determined by the car manufacturer. Choosing a Subie was your problem, not finding the perfect wheel.

In my understanding Subies and Hondas come with +50 and above offset which creates that flat face look. Running a lower offset (where the hub mounting is located midplane to the wheel) creates a problem because you push the entire wheel out where the fender is.

This being said, it's EXTENSIVELY covered all over the internet, and they'll be able to explain it in great depth.

You are right but im not looking for an explanation of how offset affects the ability to use certain rims. I'm just looking for suggestions on things that might appear concaved while fitting.

The offset that the car needs is largely determined by the car manufacturer. Choosing a Subie was your problem, not finding the perfect wheel.

In my understanding Subies and Hondas come with +50 and above offset which creates that flat face look. Running a lower offset (where the hub mounting is located midplane to the wheel) creates a problem because you push the entire wheel out where the fender is.

This being said, it's EXTENSIVELY covered all over the internet, and they'll be able to explain it in great depth.

Archived