LegacyGT.com

Legacy DIT?

DrD123

Pretty interesting post over on NASIOC - surprised it hasn't popped up here!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2347660

2L direct injected, turbocharged engine putting down 296hp/295ft-lbs - maybe the LGT is back for 2014? Will be interesting to see what ends up in the 2013 WRX since it's supposed to have a turbocharged version of the FA engine? (or maybe the STi get's the 2L and the WRX gets the 1.6L? but the rumors I have seen say the WRX will be 2L, so who knows...)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'mon B4, that all you can say ? Time to call your "relative" at SOA :)

But that does sound good. Nice engine.

EDIT: Uhmm, and what car it is mated to :

http://cdn.mkimg.carview.co.jp/minkara/userstorage/000/002/928/757/e54c4b2358.jpg

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

It did pop up, but nobody paid attention. Someone posted it on the "Legacy GT gone" thread or something of that nature.

On the subject, I would love this car. All that power and with the smoothness of the CVT? Sign me up.

It did pop up, but nobody paid attention. Someone posted it on the "Legacy GT gone" thread or something of that nature.

On the subject, I would love this car. All that power and with the smoothness of the CVT? Sign me up.

All that smooth disconnectedness of a CVT. Because that's what I want when I buy a sports saloon, or estate like that. No. Not at all. I would have a hard time accepting a traditional auto.

What these cars need is a true sequential gearbox, not some slushtastic CVT. It's almost sacrilege to call something a "GT" and take away more feeling of what your car is doing.

All that smooth disconnectedness of a CVT. Because that's what I want when I buy a sports saloon, or estate like that. No. Not at all. I would have a hard time accepting a traditional auto.

What these cars need is a true sequential gearbox, not some slushtastic CVT. It's almost sacrilege to call something a "GT" and take away more feeling of what your car is doing.

But it is going to be a DIT, not a GT - Direct Injected Turbo.

(maybe it'll sell better than the GT...)

I can't wait till it gets here (in sedan form)! (not that I could afford it yet, but it'll give me incentive to set money aside.)

Edit: I'm looking forward to seeing it with a performance-based CVT setup. I drove an Outback loaner w/ CVT while my Tribeca was in for service, and it was rather hesitant to "downshift" to get the revs up so I could get moving quickly. I resorted to a couple downshifts with the left paddle before accelerating.

I suppose it was somewhat similar to my Tribeca in normal mode - hesitant to downshift unless you really put your foot into it - which is why I usually run either in Sport or Manual-shift mode.

I really hope they have a Sport mode for the new CVT. (are you listening SOA?!?!?)

I posted a comment about the new Legacy DIT.

The link below is from someone doing a nice walk around the new Legacy DIT. Some interesting points to take from this video are:

1. The parking brake is now located below the transmission shifter in place of where SI-Drive use to be.

2. SI-Drive is now two buttons on the steering wheel located below the cruise control.It looks like it still has the S#, S and I modes.

3. JDM radios are dealer installed options?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ambj5KKRI58]0421レガシィDIT - YouTube[/ame]

There WAS a companion video from the same author that showed someone driving the new DIT on the street. It showed the driver doing some acceleration runs in auto and manual modes. You could see the CVT rev up for less than a second, then the speedometer surging forward when he was in auto mode. So this heavy duty DVT may have some promise.

Alas I can't that video anymore.

But it is going to be a DIT, not a GT - Direct Injected Turbo.

(maybe it'll sell better than the GT...)

I can't wait till it gets here (in sedan form)! (not that I could afford it yet, but it'll give me incentive to set money aside.)

Edit: I'm looking forward to seeing it with a performance-based CVT setup. I drove an Outback loaner w/ CVT while my Tribeca was in for service, and it was rather hesitant to "downshift" to get the revs up so I could get moving quickly. I resorted to a couple downshifts with the left paddle before accelerating.

I suppose it was somewhat similar to my Tribeca in normal mode - hesitant to downshift unless you really put your foot into it - which is why I usually run either in Sport or Manual-shift mode.

I really hope they have a Sport mode for the new CVT. (are you listening SOA?!?!?)

If you click the link in the OP it says "Legacy GT DIT". DIT is the engine technology, GT is the trimline.

In no world can the disconnectedness of a CVT ever be sporty though. Sure, it might provide some better fuel economy. But when I'm shopping for a sporty car, that's really not on the top of my priorities, especially if you can still get more or less the same mileage in a standard transmission.

So is the FA20 is coming to the BM lineup for the JDM. But im sure that will be a FB25 in the states. NIce looking car I have to say, I like the aggressive front end and the snazzy engine cover :)

CVT is amazing. If I want a sports car, I'll buy one with the traditional 6 speed manual. I would never buy a sports car with an auto, but a car like this I just might. I'm not saying I would take the CVT over the manual for sure, but I'm sure a lot of people would.

There are a lot of people that would buy a GT with an auto because they enjoy the easy power once in a while and only in a straight line and don't care for the joy of driving a stick.

Just to annoy yawl...

http://www.subaru.jp/legacy/dit/gallery/images/pict04.jpg

http://www.subaru.jp/legacy/dit/gallery/images/pict05.jpg

http://www.subaru.jp/legacy/dit/gallery/images/pict02_01.jpg

http://www.subaru.jp/legacy/dit/equipment/images/pict03.jpg

http://www.subaru.jp/legacy/dit/gallery/images/pict03_02.jpg

http://www.subaru.jp/legacy/dit/performance/images/pict02.gif

In for drooling... setting high expectations... getting excited as more markets get this... and then realizing this just like every other ROW Legacy variant that we will never see no matter what. :rolleyes::lol:

Why do we even dream/hope/pray about these any more? :confused:

I'm sure SOA (and I'm being serious) has done the studies that show this will not sell, it's not in their target market audience (with marketing focus studies of 30-50 yr old car buyers to back it up), and they tried it before and no one bought them. Not sure how it would have been tried before but I'm going out on a limb and saying they'll say it anyways. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

does the US not want to bring Euro and Jdm cars like these over here because american cars wont sell as much or they just hating?

Americans don't like real cars, so the most cheaply built car typically wins the battle for sales revenue. JDM and Euro spec cars are typically a lot nicer, and more expensive compared to their USDM counterparts, so the versions we get are the cheapest they (import manufacturers) can make.

It's not the "USA" that doesn't want it, it's the companies that produce the cars that don't want them. They don't sell. The manufacturers have told us this. It must be true. I know B4 has the facts to prove it too. Something like 1700 LGT wagons over 3 years and they had to give them away. I don't know actually know about that, I'm making up numbers. :lol: It's just been told over and over that they didn't sell so we have to believe it at this point........

Either way they made it crystal clear: USA is not ROW and you will NOT get what they offer. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived