LegacyGT.com

Long Life coolant on a '06?

I read somwhear that the long life (blue) coolatn was only ment for the '09 and up subarus. Is it a bad idea to put it on my '06?

BTW. Wher can I get the best deal online. Both blue and green subaru OEM coolant

K Mart, Walmart, Just use Peak Global or Prestone. That's what's in both my cars. You don't need to order everything on line. Or use OEM coolant.

Auto parts stores have it too. You want the green stuff.

I think the Peak was like $13.00 for the premixed gallon, The last Prestone I bought was like $9.00 for the gallon then I mixed it 50/50 with water. That was 2 years ago. I use the extra to top of the overflow tanks as needed a couple times a year.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Max, I was under the impression that you should ONLY USE OEM subaru coolant in these cars to prolong head gasket life.

in anycase my subaru stealership put in the older green stuff in my 09's long life blue fill. Only downside to mixing these two is that you automtically have to go by the older green coolant's more frequent change schedule. So the OP would be okay to use the newer stuff, however it would just end up costing more as it would still need to be changed out sooner.

I run the coolant till timing belt change.

IMO people make to much out of what subaru say's.

My Spec has 56,000 miles, I will top off the coolant with what I have in the shed when I change out the timing belt at 105,000 miles.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived