LegacyGT.com

Blind Spot Monitor

Hey guys.

One of the members over at PriusChat.com modified his rear camera to activate when the turn signals are activated. The rear camera allows him to see cars behind him and part of the cars as they sit in the drivers blind spot. This should not be a replacement to looking over your shoulder to verify but something neat to have for whatever situation you might need.

I figure that those with a LCD and rear camera display could rig up something similar.

http://priuschat.com/threads/how-about-blind-spot-monitor.92734/

...One of the members over at PriusChat.com...

Don't know why but that made me :lol:

I've got a DVD player hooked up to my stock nav through the video input on the back. If I had a camera hooked up to it though it would do that as well, just push the info button twice and you'd be able to see it on the screen, so it's definitely doable!

One of the members over at PriusChat.com

Is "how do I get better MPG" their version of a "what oil" thread?

Suggest unicorn piss as an alternative fuel.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Is "how do I get better MPG" their version of a "what oil" thread?

Suggest unicorn piss as an alternative fuel.

Unicorn piss actually, much like e85, actually requires more fuel so that won't work. How do I know? v

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A better suggestion IMO would be to inflate the tires to 75 PSI

A better suggestion IMO would be to inflate the tires to 75 PSI

That gives me an idea... I should run with donuts on all four corners. The contact patch is extremely small... and you run them at 60 PSI :)

I wonder what kind of MPG I'll be scoring with that setup? Probably 89MPG

Back on topic briefly, but if you set up your mirrors correctly you can eliminate

essentially all blind spots. Just as good as what is suggested above, and you are not

distracted by a little screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived