LegacyGT.com

COBB Stage 2

SilentOne

Hello-

I just bought my 06' LGT and want to reflash the ECU. I've been looking into COBB access ports and have some questions about the criteria to be met for the Stage 2 reflash/map.

One of the requirements to be met is a turboback exhaust. If anyone could describe the type of exhaust I would need to reflash without running into any extreme problems that would be awesome. I've been thinking about purchasing a Magnaflow full exhuast kit, but I'm not sure if that falls into the "turboback" type of exhaust. I'm obviously not too much of a gearhead at this point, but I will be soon. Just need a fast whip, just in case ;-)

P.S. if someone does have an 06' LGT 5EAT access port for sale and have some advise, maybe we could help eachother out.

Thank you

A turboback exhaust is an aftermarket exhaust starting from the turbo back. A great downpipe (the pipe coming off the turbo) for the money would be one by CNT Racing. Here's a link to that:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cnt-5eat-catted-down-pipes-and-mt-catted-down-pipes-161554.html

Now for stage 2, technically you don't need a catback (probably the Magnaflow system you speak of is a catback) but if you'd like a nice added tone to the car, go for it! Personally, when I went stage 2, we did catless uppipe, catted downpipe, and an aftermarket catback exhaust.

This should give you a good starting point. Any more questions, feel free to ask or use the search function!

Other good exhausts out there are Megan, Perrin, Cobb, Invidia, Borla and Gt Spec. Most should be 3-4in which is standard for most turbo cars. 2.5in usually indicates a N/A (naturally aspirated) = non-turbo car. Price ranges will definetly vary for new parts but watch the forums because you can usually save 200-400 if you don't mind going with used parts. Hope this helps.

Congrats on the purchase.

For a Stage 2 Map on an 06 Legacy and you need to get a Catless UP and remove one catalytic converter from your downpipe. You don't need a full exhaust for Stage 2. So - look for a catless UP and Downpipe on the classifieds (saves money) or remove your OEM ones and remove the catalytic converters yourself and put them back on.

The full tuboback will free up some WHP but the UP/DOWN will give you the biggest bang.

The only requirement to go stage 2 with a Cobb AP is an aftermarket downpipe, whether it is catless or has high flow cats. everything else can remain stock (including the exhaust), but an aftermarket exhaust would be nice to have.

A catless DP and UP with the stage 2 tune will change things...alot! You can buy a v1 Accessport for cheap or a little more ching for the V2. Consider upgradung the tune at somepoint. GL. Let us know how it goes.
Rehab is for quitters.

thanks guys, sorry for the confusion on the designation of this thread.... was kindof in a rush here at work and it didn't even cross my mind.

TPLGT- thanks for the advice, what is the difference between a v1 AP and a v2 AP?

Also- when you say upgarding the tune as well, what do you mean by this? Should I have someone who REALLY knows what they are doing do this? Or is this a process a beginer could do- without expensive mistakes?

Thanks again!!

thanks guys, sorry for the confusion on the designation of this thread.... was kindof in a rush here at work and it didn't even cross my mind.

TPLGT- thanks for the advice, what is the difference between a v1 AP and a v2 AP?

Also- when you say upgarding the tune as well, what do you mean by this? Should I have someone who REALLY knows what they are doing do this? Or is this a process a beginer could do- without expensive mistakes?

Thanks again!!

v2 has a better display and additional functionality, I can't speak to it too much as I never owned either! The v1 will work since you have an 06. Upgrading the tune he probably meant having a custom tune made for the AP instead of using their canned maps. And YES, have somone who knows what they are doing(Infamous) create a map for you, the map essentially is the brains of your engine.

A catless DP and UP with the stage 2 tune will change things...alot! You can buy a v1 Accessport for cheap or a little more ching for the V2. Consider upgradung the tune at somepoint. GL. Let us know how it goes.

QFT. HUGE difference going from stock to stage 2. Even from stage 1 to 2 was an enormous upgrade.

v2 has a better display and additional functionality, I can't speak to it too much as I never owned either! The v1 will work since you have an 06. Upgrading the tune he probably meant having a custom tune made for the AP instead of using their canned maps. And YES, have somone who knows what they are doing(Infamous) create a map for you, the map essentially is the brains of your engine.

^^^

What he said. The V1 is specific to the transmission and model year so it may be more difficult to find one. The V2 is probably the way to go...

Another tune would be reccomended as it would be specicifc for your car...Infamous is great. Lots people have had great success with him. I have used PDX in the past and like them. once you go Stage 2 look at upgrading to a reinforced TMIC...better cooling and stronger to handle the extra boost.

Rehab is for quitters.

• 1 year later...

Archived