LegacyGT.com

I just received this e-mail; am sure it is a scam. Am posting on here because the e-mail address it supposedly came from is a fellow Spec.B owner and there is the possibility that whoever sent this got both the sender and recipient's e-mail addresses from this site. The subject on the e-mail is "PLEASE I NEED YOUR URGENT HELP!!!"

---------

Hi

I am in a hurry writing this mail. I had a trip to Nigeria visiting the tinapa opening ceremony. Unfortunately for me all my money by small bag got stolen at the hotel where i lodged from the attack of some armed robbers and since then i have been without any money i am even owing the hotel here,So i have only access to emails,my mobile phone can't work here so i didnt bring it along.

Please can you lend me $2,500 USD so that i can settle me hotel bills and find my way back home i promise to pay it back to you as soon as i return home with no delay, I am so confused right now.You can send me any amount you can afford Via western union because this is the most fast way i can get it and leave.

please let me hear from you so that i can send you the information where you can send the money tomorrow or if possible today. hope to hear from you

Thank

C

------------

Beware!!!!!

Oog

Actually, it isn't your usual "I just inherited $50,000,000 and I will share it with you if..." sort of Nigerian scam, it's just a plea for money (with a dubious payback promise). If you're feeling generous, go for it. HPH

I like how it's the "most fast way to get him the money". The least the scammer could do is use proper english to give the impression he's actually from America and knows you. That's just busch league :)

Well, people keep trying this scam because rarely they find a sucker that sends money to this person.

Truly pathetic.

But, I'm a jew, so I wouldn't give anyone money, regardless. :lol:

Some asshat tried to scam me out of my Altima for sale just last month... all seemed legit after a few emails, and then he hit me up with the "I'll send you a cheque for $12000 and then you send me a chequ for the $7000 that I overpaid you"

I told him to die in a fire while fisting himself. He never replied back.

Some asshat tried to scam me out of my Altima for sale just last month... all seemed legit after a few emails, and then he hit me up with the "I'll send you a cheque for $12000 and then you send me a chequ for the $7000 that I overpaid you"

I told him to die in a fire while fisting himself. He never replied back.

My wife and I took your role a bit further on a small piece of furniture we were selling. For a chest selling for $150, the guy "accidentially" wrote a check for $3150 - I was supposed to keep an additional $50 and wire the rest back to him.

So guess what? About a week later, we actually did get the check. It looked so legit, watermarked, expensive paper, authorized signatures, printed amount of course, completely bogus. The issuing bank had already seen many of these.

But, to show you how stupid some people must be, look at the following;

I'm in MA, the "buyer" was in MD (yeah), the check was from a (legit) company in AZ but, drawn on a (legit) bank in CA. The FEDEX package was from TN - all theoretically for a cabinet worth $150.

Here's one I got the other day.

On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Engr.Jürge

Krügger. I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter was returned

undelivered. I wish to notify you that late Engr. Jürge Krügger made you a

beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Thirty Million, One Hundred

Thousand Dollars (USD$30, 100.000.00) to you in the Codicil and last

testament to his WILL. This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but

it is real and true. Being a widely traveled man, he must have been in

contact with you in the past or simply you were nominated to him by one of

his numerous friends abroad who wished you good.

Engr. JürgeKrügger until his death was a member of the Helicopter Society

and the Institute of Electronic & Electrical Engineers.

According to him this money is to support your humanitarian activities and

to help the poor and the needy in our society. Please if I reach you as I

am hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me

conclude my job. I hope to hear from you in no distant time.

Note: You are advise to contact me with my personal email address:

barr.richgilbert01@live.com

I await your prompt response.

Yours in Service,

BARRISTER RICHARD GILBERT ESQ.

PRINCIPAL PARTNERS: Barrister Aidan Walsh.Esq Markus Wolfgang, John Marvey

Esq, Jerry Smith Esq

Archived