LegacyGT.com

Any idea what this code is? Last week i installed an avo panel filter, but had major issues with getting the filter and airbox to sit correctly. the entire week the car idled somewhat weird, now I have a cel. I'm bringing the car to the dealer on monday if i cant get this issue figured out

• 1 month later...

No, I'm bone stock.

The problem has been identified and fixed.

It was Valvoline's doing!

Symptoms: in the morning when I'd start her up, she'd act as if she'd be about to choke, then idle rough overall. This started happening about a week and a half ago.

Well tonight I popped the hood open only to find that the clamps on the airbox were NOT hooked up. The airbox was open enough on the top for me to almost slip my pinky in there. I took out the sensor that rests directly on top of the airbox and cleaned it, it was pretty gunked up. Is this the MAF by chance? Looked like a diode. I hooked everything back up, disconnected the battery to clear the CEL and gave her a start. Sure enough she came to life and now idles sikly-smooth.

First thing tomorrow I'm going to go over to Valvoline and give them a piece of my mind, putting them on notice that if anything turns up to pe wrong with my engine due to dust getting in there [i do live in an unpaved area], they're gonna pay me for a new Boxer.

Those mofos almost cost me a brand new throttle body on my ex-Altima. Thank God it was under warranty, that would have been a 900 dollar repair. Basically they cleaned the MAF and the throttle body and managed to decalibrate it, so the car would idle at 1200 rpm.

If you want something done right, you do it yourself!

• 5 months later...
The problem has been identified and fixed.

It was Valvoline's doing!

Symptoms: in the morning when I'd start her up, she'd act as if she'd be about to choke, then idle rough overall. This started happening about a week and a half ago.

Well tonight I popped the hood open only to find that the clamps on the airbox were NOT hooked up. The airbox was open enough on the top for me to almost slip my pinky in there.

Damn I love the internet! Got 2 P0171 codes in two days - couldn't figure out what the heck was going on...just put coilovers on, but knew that couldn't be the cause...unless...

The douchebags @ Firestone must have opened up my air box to check my air filter when they did my alignment & they didn't close it back up = open air box, bad MAF readings & probably a dirty MAF. Will hit up Checker tonight for some cleaning solution, but I'm thinking this must have been the source of the problem.

Thanx Mang!

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

• 4 months later...
I got this code a few weeks ago for some reason. I took the CAI intake out and looked at the MAF sensor, nothing wrong with it at all....reinstalled and havent gotten the code again since. Its possible it could have gotten wet I suppose.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...
Finished a clutch job Sunday started the car up and it ran like hell. ROUGH.. barely idling, staled once. Finally threw the P 0171 code after about 5 miles of driving. I took 10 mins Monday night to quickly check the air box and hoses in sight. Low and behold, on that little blue T connector between the bottom front of the IC and the intake manifold, had one of the vacuum lines off. Reconnected it and the rest is history :) but really Subaru ? u could have put a 10 cent mini hose clamp on that bad boy? Thanks all for the input.

Finished a clutch job Sunday started the car up and it ran like hell. ROUGH.. barely idling, staled once. Finally threw the P 0171 code after about 5 miles of driving. I took 10 mins Monday night to quickly check the air box and hoses in sight. Low and behold, on that little blue T connector between the bottom front of the IC and the intake manifold, had one of the vacuum lines off. Reconnected it and the rest is history :) but really Subaru ? u could have put a 10 cent mini hose clamp on that bad boy? Thanks all for the input.

I see your new here. Welcome.

You should zip tie all the small vacume hoses, they are a issue with these cars.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
So my car is throwing the same code and I cleaned my MAF and that didn't do it. Looking around for vac leaks and not seeing anything in plain sight. Also not really sure where to look. Any of you guys have pictures of where your hoses we're disconnected?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived