LegacyGT.com

Missing part of my tire. Is it ok?

Edvig

I'm running 16 in Pzero Nero M+S on my 2.5i wagon. While rotating my tires this evening, I noticed that I was missing a chunk of my tire. There isn't any cord showing. I'm guessing that the tire is ok, but I wanted to see what the gurus thought?

Thanks, Edvig

tire_1.jpg.888abc88f432d2342ebdfa7e0a8925ba.jpg

tire_2.jpg.b4763595c41925b5d68db9304a786cde.jpg

I'm running 16 in Pzero Nero M+S on my 2.5i wagon. While rotating my tires this evening, I noticed that I was missing a chunk of my tire. There isn't any cord showing. I'm guessing that the tire is ok, but I wanted to see what the gurus thought?

Thanks, Edvig

That sort of damage should be covered by the tire warranty.. I'd get it replaced.

That sort of damage should be covered by the tire warranty.. I'd get it replaced.

Interesting thought. I'm sure that something on the street or highway pulled it off. I wouldn't think that they will warrantee the tire, but I'll definitely look into it tomorrow.

Should be fine as long as it's not down into the base rubber surrounding the cord set. WRT - getting a replacement tire, it wouldn't be worth as they would pro-rate the tire and you'll have to end up buying three new tires to match. I agree with Keefe, it's just a tread block and shouldn't matter at all as far as the tire structure/longevity is concerned.

Just keep an eye on it and if you see any bulges forming, pull it off the car and get a new set. ;)

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yea, and in the mean time, until it wears down or you replace it, don't exceed 88 mph or attempt any time travel..:cool:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived