LegacyGT.com

Any reservations about 2010 LGT?

I have a 2005 LGT Ltd. , and am thinking about upgrading to a 2010 LGT Ltd. in theshort term while I wait for the 2015 WRX and wait until it gets about 1 year under it's belt. So basically I want to keep it for a about 4 years until 100Kmi.

What is the difference between the 2010, 2011, 2012 LGT? Also, is there anything I should look for when buying the 2010 LGT? Have they been pretty solid? no blown turbo's etc?

Some 2010's Legacy's had a shimmy at 65-70 mph. The are only few other minor difference between the years. The biggest differences being 2010 were available as a premium & Limited model and the 2011/12 were only limited with black leather interior.

So far its seems like 5th gen LGT are pretty reliable, with very few motor failures.

I would personally look for a 2011-2012 as it seems they have are less prone to shimmy if at all. And having the black interior on 2011+ was a nice upgrade.

You may have a tough time finding one nowadays, but overall the car has been very reliable. The only issue I've had on mine after about 36k+ is a blown sub which was covered under warranty.

Biggest difference I noticed with my 2010 is like one person said, the side mirrors don't fold in, and also that the interior trim had no options. Mine has the fake wood grain trim that you get on the 3.6R because there was no other options, but the '11-'12 had silver trim pieces. That's about it as far as differences.

Biggest difference I noticed with my 2010 is like one person said, the side mirrors don't fold in, and also that the interior trim had no options. Mine has the fake wood grain trim that you get on the 3.6R because there was no other options, but the '11-'12 had silver trim pieces. That's about it as far as differences.

although a very minor thing, i really wish they went with silver trim or at least something more GT-ish than wood trim. It looks pretty, but I don't think it fits well with the flow of the car. this is all opinion of course.

Well I bought a 2010. Planning on keeping it for 4 years then buying new, but I really like this car. Might have to keep it :)

Congrats. These cars can get some massive torque numbers and some decent power gains with a stage 1 protune, if you decide the car could use a change of personality.

Congrats. These cars can get some massive torque numbers and some decent power gains with a stage 1 protune, if you decide the car could use a change of personality.

stage I and a better RSB will be my first moves with this.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if Subaru put a filter in the oil feed line to the turbo on 10-12 GT but I would make sure. Knowing Subaru they probably did. You want to remove the filter as it gets clogged and kills the turbo. There is a service/tech bulletin you can Google #02-106-08R. Subaru recommends replacing the filter but you don't need it so just remove it. Its in a banjo bolt. You can just buy a new banjo bolt without the filter for about $5.

Congratulations. I hope the car is good to you.

Archived