LegacyGT.com

i tried but need help

suboogru

Sorry i tried search and am just tired of reading. i want a catted cnt dp for my car and know i should get a tune. will i NEED an ap tuner because it will be bad for my car without it or is the tuner just for maximum performance? also will the cel come on with a high flow cat? sorry im sure this was asked before but i must not know how to word it for search or something. i currently have a lightweight pulley and catless uppipe installed on the car

• I Donated Too

I seriously doubt you searched hard enough.

Yes, you will need a tune if you get an aftermarket downpipe. Whether you decide to tune it with an Accessport or go opensource is up to you.

Actually, as long as you are able to get the boost control adjusted (larger pill iirc) so that it is not overboosting, it will be just fine running on the stock tune. The change in the downpipe is trivial, and has no impact on anything aside from reduced back pressure / bellmouth hence the more open wastegate to keep boost in check.

But allow me to assure you that everyone will say that I am completely wrong due to common knowledge while offering no substantial arguments to back their claims. IBTL.

Sorry, clown is a term thrown around here at work a lot so it was a force of habit . Meant no disrespect by it. Also what is a larger pill iirc. I honestly don't know much about cars and never had a Subaru till this one

The engine will flow more air with a DP, the tune must be adjusted so you have more fuel to go with the increase in air flow. If you don't the engine will run lean and burn valves.

Where do you live ? may be one of us can recommend a local shop or tuner for you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You will need a tune. And you didn't search hard enough clown.

Point is whether you tune using opensource or AP, you will need one. With AP you can use one of their pre-written stg 2 maps (called OTS or off the shelf search again), or with Opensource you can take your car to a dyno shop so they can tune it for you (search again) or data log yourself using a special cable (search again) and send the file out to an E-tuner such as Infamous (search again) to tune it for you.

If you blow your motor bc you never tuned, who is the clown? I mean no disrespect of course...

Actually, as long as you are able to get the boost control adjusted (larger pill iirc) so that it is not overboosting, it will be just fine running on the stock tune. The change in the downpipe is trivial, and has no impact on anything aside from reduced back pressure / bellmouth hence the more open wastegate to keep boost in check.

But allow me to assure you that everyone will say that I am completely wrong due to common knowledge while offering no substantial arguments to back their claims. IBTL.

WTF?!?! This guy again???

Please do not listen to anything said. I compare these posts to the "Mayhem" commercials.

The engine will flow more air with a DP, the tune must be adjusted so you have more fuel to go with the increase in air flow. If you don't the engine will run lean and burn valves.

Where do you live ? may be one of us can recommend a local shop or tuner for you.

The MAF will still read accurately and the ecu will still fuel the engine properly. A very small improvement to the volumetric efficiency of the system is not going to change that, and will certainly not make it run lean, or even more lean. There are plenty of things that will make a car run lean, this is not one of them, aside from a possible danger of overboosting as mentioned above.

• I Donated
The MAF will still read accurately and the ecu will still fuel the engine properly. A very small improvement to the volumetric efficiency of the system is not going to change that, and will certainly not make it run lean, or even more lean. There are plenty of things that will make a car run lean, this is not one of them, aside from a possible danger of overboosting as mentioned above.

So I take it you have tuned enough cars to know that the MAF does not need to be rescaled?

You will need a tune. And you didn't search hard enough clown.

Point is whether you tune using opensource or AP, you will need one. With AP you can use one of their pre-written stg 2 maps (called OTS or off the shelf search again), or with Opensource you can take your car to a dyno shop so they can tune it for you (search again) or data log yourself using a special cable (search again) and send the file out to an E-tuner such as Infamous (search again) to tune it for you.

If you blow your motor bc you never tuned, who is the clown? I mean no disrespect of course...

Maybe you should learn how to read. I said I didn't search real hard. I work 60+ hours a week and don't have time to sift through every post. Stop camping out in your parents basement playing on the computer, your mom called you up to dinner 20 minutes ago. CLOWN

I'm just outside of York pa

you guys are haters, turbodog put an up pipe, down pipe, exhaust, intake on for me and told me no need for tune, car runs great, ran a 14.9 at 93mph.

yes, you'll need a tune, one for safety, 2 because that way you'll get the full potential of it.

I say just get a cobb AP.

• I Donated Too
I'm just outside of York pa

So I'm assuming you have a low IQ, wear sleeveless, white trash t-shirts, and enjoy the musical stylings of ICP? (hence the pervasive use of the word 'clown')

you guys are haters, turbodog put an up pipe, down pipe, exhaust, intake on for me and told me no need for tune, car runs great, ran a 14.9 at 93mph.

yes, you'll need a tune, one for safety, 2 because that way you'll get the full potential of it.

I say just get a cobb AP.

Errrr, no idea what this guys is talking about.

Maybe you should learn how to read. I said I didn't search real hard. I work 60+ hours a week and don't have time to sift through every post. Stop camping out in your parents basement playing on the computer, your mom called you up to dinner 20 minutes ago. CLOWN

:lol:

I have no control over drippie.

So I take it you have tuned enough cars to know that the MAF does not need to be rescaled?

Scaling the MAF has nothing do to with this, and furthermore has nothing to do with a stage one or two tune on a stock intake. Nothing has changed about how air is measured.

I've seen this done on a subaru, with logs and WBO2, and it works fine, the only thing that needs adjustment is the boost control system due to the reduced back pressure of the downpipe. The need for a tune with a downpipe is completely a myth. However, you are not likely to make much more power.

God forbid anybody was to install a MBC on one of these cars, that would be denounced as barbaric. LOL.

Archived