LegacyGT.com

Issue with my Idle

I just got back from Vacation for a week and I had to run an errand and my cars battery was completely dead so i charged it enough to get to the auto parts store to buy a new one.

Bought it and replaced it and went to start it up and it seemed like it didnt want to start up. I tried again and it started but my idle was extremely low. I took it for a drive and everytime i would press my clutch to the floor and slow down it would stall. Anyone have any problem like this before?

Before I replaced the battery it was driving perfectly fine, no issues whatsoever.

Did the battery die? If so and the ecu resets, it won't start instantly the first time, and if you drive it without letting it fully warm up it will tend to stall or try to stall every time you clutch in. Should only do that for a short period though.. If it's still doing it a couple days later it could be something else.

Also check your intake air filter and the seal of the box, mine was off bit a bit and it did similar, esp when slowing down. I can't see the problem just being the battery either. Unless your alternator is out too?

Figured out what was wrong and how to fix it incase anyone else comes into this problem.

When I replaced my battery it was unhooked for a long period of time and the ECU was reset to the previous settings where it was running too lean and stalling. I reset the ECU to reprogram itself by disconnecting the negative cable turning the car on to ACCESSORY and tapping the brake pedal.

Then turned the key to off and connected the negative cable. Turn the car on and let it idle for approx 5-10 minutes and it runs perfect.

Good deal. Anytime the battery dies you need to turn the key to accessory until you hear a few clicks, then start and let it warm up fully. Should be no idle problems after. I deal with this regularly when I flash a new revision to the cars ecu.

Archived