LegacyGT.com

Dyno Tuners in Boston Area

pfoyle

Looking for some information on what my options are for Pro-Tuners in/around Boston... I'd rather not drive to EFI Logics in CT for a tune! Found a few options through google (AJW Performance, Dent Sport Garage), but was hoping to get some first hand knowlege, if at all possible... Positive reviews? Negative reviews? Looking to get this done within the next few weeks, so any information would be great!

TIA for any help!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BMX, any more info you can provide? Have you used them? Do you work for them? Any dyno numbers from their custom tunes? Pricing? Their website is surprisingly unhelpful for '10+ Sub Legacy owners... no pricing or dyno numbers that I could find...

I've used him. And Bren is the only one that will touch my car tune wise. Pricing, call or email (just a note he's currently on vacation till monday 4/23) each car is different. I'm not sure on the 2010+ legacy numbers as I haven't seen any strapped to the dyno since I've been doing video work for him, started this project sometime in February.

Looking for some information on what my options are for Pro-Tuners in/around Boston... I'd rather not drive to EFI Logics in CT for a tune! Found a few options through google (AJW Performance, Dent Sport Garage), but was hoping to get some first hand knowlege, if at all possible... Positive reviews? Negative reviews? Looking to get this done within the next few weeks, so any information would be great!

TIA for any help!

Do you want the best in New England or the closest to where you live?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Bren rocked on my stage 2 EWG tune. Extremely happy with the results. 270whp and 350wtq on a stock vf40. You wont be dissapointed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/vtbmw525/My%2005%20RBP%20LGT/431068_2947282695619_1667859446_2565366_753767734_n.jpg

Do you want the best in New England or the closest to where you live?

Well I'm not sure I'm willing to drive to EFI in CT for a tune (3ish hours from Somerville MA), but I'd say anywhere within a 1.5-2hour drive would be reasonable... Especially cause the drive back will take even less time! ;) Who'd you have in mind?

EFI Logics.

Do you want a tuner that his sole job is tune cars, a tuner that COBB flies out to their headquarters to help them tune, a tuner that gets new subarus shipped to him from COBB to be the first to tune them, a tuner with more subaru experience than any other person on the east coast?

Or do you want a save an hour drive and get a good tune from a part time tuner?

I know when I hand the keys over to my car I want the very best working on it. That's just me though.

Bren is good yes, but for a 2010+, consider the extra hour and go to EFI Logics. Chris @ EFI helped COBB break the 5th gen's gear independent maps. He tuned a 2011 to get the COBB maps on the streets. EFI was the first on the east coast for a 5th gen Stage I, Stage II and beyond.

.......you people are lost. All turbo subarus are tuned the same way. If you can tune a bug eye you can tune a 2010 lgt. He made 50whp and 90wtq on my 2011 wrx. EFI and Bren are both great tuners. Its all in who you prefer. They both can cobb protune. You cant compare the tuner unless your cars been tuned by both of them. Id say talk to them both. Whoever you think works for you go for it

I'm not sure if Bren has the def's for 10+ LGT, yet. They aren't readily listed on RR forums, for that matter unlike the wrx and sti. I'm sure he can get it either way, and I'm not sure if cobb has released them for OS tuning.

^^ What he said. I have used a few tuners in the past 18 months... And a couple within the past 2 months, in order to really find what i was after regarding drivability and overall power. Bren was the clear winner for me. I drove the 2.5 hours for Bren :)

i know where i am bro....This was more directed to people who say one tuner isnt as good as another when they havent been tuned by both.

I have an business degree from Harvard, but I can't say it's better than a business degree from ITT tech because I never attended ITT tech.

Archived