LegacyGT.com

ways to make my 09 SE a little faster

Hey guys, I have an 09 pzev...this is my baby and i plan on keeping her for a long time. No changes to a lgt or other cars in the near future.

I feel like my car is a little too slow, whether it be on local roads or highways. What are my options as far as mods that will give me a little more power?

(obviously i dont know too much about cars)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is very little you can do without adding a turbo or supercharger.

Getting the car tuned will help a little bit, it will feel quicker due to removing the drive by wire delay.

You could find an exhaust you like and get the highest octane gas available in your area and get a tune. Don't expect a lot

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

Why not keep your eyes open for an 09 LGT and then trade yours in on it?

The cost difference will be much much less than the difference in cost to bring your car up to that level reliably.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

remove all excess weight, rear seats, spare tire

should be good for a few whp

Removing weight does not add power.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Hangar (2.5i) said he wanted to see how fast my car takes off and requested I goose it on the highway. I got in the highway in front of him and waited for him to catch up for a while, got bored and goosed it because he was creeping slowly. Talked to him later to find out he had it floored the whole time trying to catch up with me BEFORE I goosed it. I can see why OP might feel how he does.:spin:

thanks for the info guys

getting rid of the backseats wont be an option, my kids won't appreciate that too much, lol...

and i also want to keep the spare tire, just in case i get a flat

i talked to my local dealer, and they said any of these boltons will void the warranty =/ ....the asshole recommended i trade my legacy in and finance a brand new wrx.

lighter rims/ stickier tires..now thats something i might do with my tax return.

cheers

You can try a light weight crankshaft pulley. Before I turboed my 09 SE I had the lightened pulley, catback exhaust, and wheels/tires. Get lighter aftermarket wheels and stickier tires, biggest difference you can really do.

speaking of how are things man last I saw you got tuned and UEL headers right?

i talked to my local dealer, and they said any of these boltons will void the warranty =/ ....the asshole recommended i trade my legacy in and finance a brand new wrx.

The dealer is an asshole for making the most sensible, reasonable, logical suggestion for someone like you who wants to mod a slow car and take it out of warranty? :iam:

Do not waste your time with lighter rims unless you are going to track/autoX the car. Put that money toward the car you really wanted.

The dealer is an asshole for making the most sensible, reasonable, logical suggestion for someone like you who wants to mod a slow car and take it out of warranty? :iam:

Do not waste your time with lighter rims unless you are going to track/autoX the car. Put that money toward the car you really wanted.

I bought the car because i wanted an affordable, economical, reliable(warranty) family car that looked a little different than a honda accord/ nissan altima.

I don't know too much about cars, but we gotta admit, the legacy body style looks nice. You dumbass, i didn't know the little mods would take it out of warranty untill he told me.

You say put money for lighter rims toward the car i really wanted? This 2009 pzev is the car i really wanted, and i plan on keeping it for a long time.

You and your cosigning kids here love your little turbo, and all the bells and whistles it came with. Just remember your tiny superiority complex over a higher trim subaru sedan will not make your tiny penises grow any bigger.

:cool:

Wow, I would listen to the advice given to you. People seem edgy because this question comes around every other week, how do I make my economy car faster. you want more power from a car that was not built for power. No one has a complex here but you from the sound of it. Ofcourse any engine mods will void the warranty, IF whatever went wrong with the car can be proven to have happen from the mod. Enjoy the car for what it is, otherwise you're kidding us and yourself by saying this is the car you wanted.

pzev=possibly zero entertainment value

:lol:

kids, seriously....your legacy gt is NOT a real performance car...your taking an econobox with some minor goodies from japan...

pzev= tree hugger goodness!...doesnt mean shit really..but thats what I have and i love it!

Archived