LegacyGT.com

05 gt

Industry

Looking at joining the subaru community. I have a good mechanic that works on my other cars, but is known in the area for his skill with subarus. I found this add and figured i would see what you guys have to say. I'm not looking for a show car, and figured if i replace the turbo, have him pull the motor and do head gasket and timing belt/Water pump I would still be doing OK money wise. what else would you guys do While the motor is out?

The Add: 2005 legacy gt. limited edition turbo. NEEDS TURBO! turbo was replaced at 110k before we bought it and just went again. still runs and drives so motor may be ok. car now has 145k miles. decent shape, few dings, good mechanical shape otherwise, current sticker. Car is dark blue with tinted windows, loaded, tan leather interior, 5 speed manual, has spt intake but other than that is completely stock.

Get a SMFW and clutch with a TSK3 kit for the TOB.

Grease the starter shaft while its out.

Get a OEM gasket set and replace the orange o-rings between the intake and TGV's.

Get a new oil cooler and oil pump. Have him rebuild the short block and clean it real good, have the heads rebuilt too.

When a turbo goes, it can put metal into the oil system which takes out the new turbo.

All the stories are on here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The car listed above is gone. I'm considering this car: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ny-2005-legacy-gt-207099.html

It's six hours away though. I found a running 05gt with a new turbo that had the oil system flushed when the turbo was replaced. It has 175k. No rust.

They will cost about the same after drinking the rebuild, maybe the rebuild will be a bit more.

What do you guys think?

Archived