LegacyGT.com

Steering wheel and whole car shake @ speeds above 50mph...

A_Tang

...after the dealer put in some new control arm bushings, this past Feb.

The vibrations were ever so slight before this work, and after I put on new wheels and tires, rotors and pads in Nov of last year, they were almost non-existent. I'm pretty sure they are not the cause of the problem.

Sometimes the shaking seems to get worse as I move through slight corners at high speed, and sometimes they seem to go away for a short period of time.

I took the car back to them and they checked the wheel tire balance and alignment again. The service advisor said that I have a aftermarket pads, rotors and rims so they aren't liable. The tech wrote on the reciept that its possible I have a bad CV axle or wheel bearing.

Or could it be a sticking brake caliper?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Al

...after the dealer put in some new control arm bushings, this past Feb.

The vibrations were ever so slight before this work, and after I put on new wheels and tires, rotors and pads in Nov of last year, they were almost non-existent. I'm pretty sure they are not the cause of the problem.

Sometimes the shaking seems to get worse as I move through slight corners at high speed, and sometimes they seem to go away for a short period of time.

I took the car back to them and they checked the wheel tire balance and alignment again. The service advisor said that I have a aftermarket pads, rotors and rims so they aren't liable. The tech wrote on the reciept that its possible I have a bad CV axle or wheel bearing.

Or could it be a sticking brake caliper?

Thoughts?

Thanks

Al

We are fairly local, you should bring it down and let us diagnose it. It could be brake rotors, a bearing, or an axle. Shoot us an e-mail directly to sales@azpinstalls.com and we'll be happy to help you out.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/145749898/original.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://www.whiteline.com.au/images/logos/perf1.jpg

11+ Years Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Subaru Enthusiasts.

Call directly as We carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

After the re-balancing and realignment, the vibration/shaking is pretty much gone...thanks Mike.

I noticed that all the wheel weights are located across from the valve stem, which leads me to think that my aftermarket wheels and the TPMS sensors TireRack supplied me could be the problem. Perhaps OEM and other aftermarket wheels are designed to work with specific sensors?

Talk to Mike, He'll take good care of you.

BTW, do the sensor from tire rack work with your system or do you still have the light on the dash ?

I have one after market sensor in my second set of OEM Spec B rims and I just put a piece of black tape over the light on the dash.

IMO useless system.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have one after market sensor in my second set of OEM Spec B rims and I just put a piece of black tape over the light on the dash.

IMO useless system.

After getting a screw in a tire on my last two roadtrips, I'm now a firm believer in TPMS. Both times the light came on while driving 75 mph down the freeway, and in both cases I was able to safely get it to a repair station without changing the tire. Without TPMS, I likely wouldn't have noticed until the tire got dangerously low.

After getting a screw in a tire on my last two roadtrips, I'm now a firm believer in TPMS. Both times the light came on while driving 75 mph down the freeway, and in both cases I was able to safely get it to a repair station without changing the tire. Without TPMS, I likely wouldn't have noticed until the tire got dangerously low.

Same here. I have come to like the system at least on my non Subies as they actually tell me which corner is low.

Mike

Archived