LegacyGT.com

Rear wheel toed in

Neltech

sideways I smoked a curb with my rear wheel, You can tell visually that the camber is toed in. I took a glance under there and didn't find anything obviously bent but I didn't look to hard. Any ideas?

05 lgt

Camber can't be toed in. Do you mean toe (the wheel too far rotated horizontally right or left)? Or camber (the vertical angle of the wheel, either in or out)? I suppose you could have both camber as well as toe out of whack, but the camber can't "be toed."

Obviously first look at all the lateral links, two on bottom (the weakest, steel), one on top (still may bend, cast alum.). Then look at the trailing arm and the mounts for all the arms. I've seen the links look pretty straight before, but the subframe that they attach to was totally bent, look closely.

And last, the wheel could be bent. If this were the case though the angle that it's bent in would change as it rotates.

the wheel is tilted in toward the bottom. The wheel is not bent, its always in at the bottom and out at the top. you probably wouldn't notice it if you weren't looking directly for it but I can tell.

Archived