LegacyGT.com

5EAT only get 1fist gear

slowlegacy

hi everyone

i have a 2010 legacy 2.5T, after few basic mods and a ecu flash, i upgraded the valve body and TQ convert, send my core over, 2 weeks later got it back, and put everything back on, i only get 1st gear and reverse , and tranny over heat light is keep flashing , i have about 28 DTS all associated with transmission and they won't clear......i have already checked all the plugs , speed sensor in the back, everything looks fine, do i have to recode anything? please help me.....what else should i check?

thank you so so so much,.....

Did you do the remove and replace, or did a mechanic?

Where did you send the trans parts for upgrades?

And just out of curiosity, what did you pay for the service?

Check the other sensor on the side of the transmission, probably up on the driver front side of the trans. All it takes is one wire on the VB not having a connection to cause the TCU to throw codes.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Did you do the remove and replace, or did a mechanic?

Where did you send the trans parts for upgrades?

And just out of curiosity, what did you pay for the service?

Check the other sensor on the side of the transmission, probably up on the driver front side of the trans. All it takes is one wire on the VB not having a connection to cause the TCU to throw codes.

about $1000, i send it to http://www.xcceleration.com/

i did the remove and replace

O you wanted an easy answer.... Get a new transmission. You F'ed yours.

sorry if have not made my self clear,

i mean where i get it upgrade form give me alot advice,but none of them is working......i was trying to answer climber's last question ClimberD@HexModsI had no idea they do any 5EAT work. I assume you're talking with them to reach a solution?

Trying to figure out what's wrong with a transmission can range from pretty simple, to extraordinarily difficult. Maybe list what you've done so far to eliminate points of failure. There's not much I can do through the internet. Most VB failures I've seen consist of a dented solenoid or a broken wire solder connection. Most immediate trans failures I've seen are related to someone accidentally and unknowingly breaking a transmission sensor, as they're fragile plastic mounted on a solid piece of aluminum that gets banged into a transmission tunnel wall a lot during R&R. Could be as simple as you didn't plug in one of the VB harnesses enough to get a good click. I don't know.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Well with a website that looks like a 12 year old designed, who wouldn't want to have them do $1000 plus dollars in mods :munch:

Funny how once they took your money they haven't come back with a fix... Have you physically taken it back to them? OR are they too far away?

Well with a website that looks like a 12 year old designed, who wouldn't want to have them do $1000 plus dollars in mods :munch:

Funny how once they took your money they haven't come back with a fix... Have you physically taken it back to them? OR are they too far away?

Actually, $1000 for that work sounds a bit low. That doesn't leave much room for any kind of profit margin if they did a thorough valve body modification and thorough torque converter beefing up. Ask me how I know ;)

Heck, I've done well over 50 valve body modifications, and the only reason I can continue to do them at $500 is because I can seamlessly execute every step from memory without ever stopping moving from one step to the next. There are LOTS of steps. And I still don't have enough time in my day, though I've been working hard at time management and goal setting to make more use of what I do have.

Archived