LegacyGT.com

hump coupler for throttle body question

johnboi85

i'm getting the original xo2 fmic and it should be in soon. with all the search i did about the xo2 kit, a lot of people use a hump coupler for the throttle body. what size would i need to for the xo2 kit? im not sure how big the pipes are. this is for the connection from teh throttle body opening to the charge pipe. thanks

the "itsme" fmic kit uses a ,"2.75"to 2.5" coupler. The 81/73 t-clamp goes on the 2.75" end connected to the TB"

He is asking about the XO2 kit I made a while back. The "Racer X"(itsme) FMIC http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131072 is totally new and has no common parts with the old XO2 kit. This is where they use the hump hose. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/113515a-1.jpg That pipe has a funky cut, no bead, and some people had it blow off. I never had that problem with mine and I'm running 20 psi at 7k rpms and take my car to the drag strip. The hump you need is 2.75".

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

edit....sorry for the mis-direction!

no problem. I still get questions about that kit I made. Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

thanks again. so i'm not using the hump coupler for the tb to pipe but pipe to pipe?

Yes pipe to pipe.

Route the pipes properly and no hump is needed. My XO2 fits like a glove. The trick is relocating the FPR and lengthening the fuel lines. My advice is not to let the FPR assembly hang there. Remove the silly metal jacket and make a bracket to secure it to one of the top hat bolts.

thanks for the advice. it should be coming in soon. this is what i got planned since my turbo inlet is torn. i have coming in, gms v2 02/07 sti inlet, grimmspeed 3 port ebcs, xo2 original fmic, k&n intake, mishimoto upper and lower radiator hoses, grimmspeed thermostat. for suspension parts that are coming in, whiteline rear differential inserts, whiteline roll center/bump steer kit, perrin psrs, whiteline lca bushings. i have a crap load of suspension parts allready on the car which includes BC racing coilovers, jdm rear sway bar, whiteline fixed front bar, steering rack bushings, gruppe n engine mount, gruppe n trans mount, AP pitch mount.

Archived